Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi guys~
Please make a correction when you see something wrong in this writing.

Hwaseong city is located on the southwest coast of Gyeonggi Province, the Midwest region of Korea.
As of 2012, it is one of the most beautiful and convenient cities in Korea.
Agricultural, urban, industrial and mountain regions are equally distributed in the city.
Furthermore, the city has well-connected transportation. It takes just about 1 hour to get to Seoul.
Its road networks connect various roads such as Gyeongbu and Seohaean expressways.
The population of the city has been rapidly increasing because of its convenient transportation.
I like my city all the better because it has beautiful mountains such as Mt. Se-Bong, Gundal, Chorok, Chelbo and Ssangbong. The landscape seen from the mountains is green and beautiful.
Especially, Mt. Gundal located in the central part of the city is the highest in Hawseong. This mountain has always been renowned for its cleanness and lack of pollution. On a clear day, you can see many beautiful islands in the West Sea and even Inchen.
Also, there are many natural monument including a cuckoo, which is the 324th natural monument of Korea and a woodpecker.
Recently, Hawseong city is promoting a number of development plans. So, I'm really worried about destruction of ecosystem.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi guys~
Please make a correction when you see something wrong in this writing.

Hwaseong City is located on the southwest coast of Gyeonggi Province in the Midwest region of Korea.
As of 2012, it is one of the most beautiful [STRIKE]and convenient[/STRIKE] cities in Korea. (A city cannot be convenient)
Agricultural, urban, industrial and mountain regions are equally distributed in the city (This means that, within the city there are farms, an industrial area, an urban area and a number of mountains. Mountains are very tall. Did you mean hills?) .
Furthermore, the city has a well-connected transportation system. It takes just about [STRIKE]1[/STRIKE] an hour to get to Seoul.
Its road networks connect various roads such as the Gyeongbu and Seohaean expressways.
The population of the city has been rapidly increasing because of its convenient transportation systems.
I like my city all the better because it has beautiful mountains, such as Mt. Se-Bong, Gundal, Chorok, Chelbo and Ssangbong. The landscape, seen from the mountains, is green and beautiful (This means that you are seeing the landscape while standing on a mountain, is that what you meant?).
[STRIKE]Especially,[/STRIKE] Mt. Gundal, located in the central part of the city, is the highest in Hawseong. This mountain has always been renowned for its cleanness and lack of pollution. On a clear day, you can see many beautiful islands in the West Sea and even Inchen. (From Mt. Gundal, you can, on a clear day, see many beautiful islands in the West Sea and even Ichen.)
Also, there are many natural monuments including a cuckoo, which is the 324th natural monument of Korea, and a woodpecker. (How can a cuckoo and a woodpecker be monuments? Instead of "natural monuments" did you mean "national monuments?")
Recently, Hawseong city is promoting a number of development plans. So, I'm really worried about destruction of the ecosystem.
Thank you.
I'm a bit confused. Is Mt. Gundal really located in the middle of a city?

ddablo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Thanks for your corrections.

(This means that, within the city there are farms, an industrial area, an urban area and a number of mountains. Mountains are very tall. Did you mean hills?) .
--> In Korea, we call 'even not very tall(about 300 meters tall) mountains' mountains.
Of course, we say san[san] in Korean instead of a mountain.
I shoud have written Gundal-san or Gundalsan.

(This means that you are seeing the landscape while standing on a mountain, is that what you meant?)
--> Yes, that's what I meant.

(How can a cuckoo and a woodpecker be monuments? Instead of "natural monuments" did you mean "national monuments?")
--> Yes, I mean 'national monuments'.

Bye~ I really appreciate your help~

Status
Not open for further replies.