Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I want to keep the same meaning, but help me improving it in terms of writing style

We are proud of ourselves for having successfully brought smiles on the face of one family every day in last four decades.

Thanks

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I want to keep the same meaning, but help me improving it in terms of writing style

We are proud of ourselves for having successfully brought smiles on the face of one family every day in last four decades.

Thanks
One family would have more than a face, they would have faces (each person has a face). Are you saying that you have brought smiles to one family (I would guess this means the same family) for every day in the past 40 years?

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
So I can write it as:
We are proud that we have brought smiles to one family for every day in the past 40 years
or
We are proud that we have brought smiles to one family every day in the past 40 years

blackdragon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
we are so proud of having brought smiles to one family for the past 40 years.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
So I can write it as:
We are proud that we have brought smiles to one family for every day in the past 40 years
or
We are proud that we have brought smiles to one family every day in the past 40 years
Are you saying that you brought smiles to one family (the same family) every day (that is 365 days a year) for 40 years (that is about 14,600 days)? What did you do every day to make this one family so happy?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
We are so proud of having brought smiles to one family for the past 40 years.

Blackdragon, please read this extract from the Forum Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly at the top of your post.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.