Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Jordan
Dear Sir or Madam,

First, I would like to express my appreciation for giving an opportunity to apply for this exchange program. I am currently in my second year of undergraduate studies in Computer Science at the Princess Sumaya University for Technology in Jordan and I am writing to you to show my great interest in studying within the Erasmus program.

It is often said that no education is complete without experience, and through this program I will gain sufficient experience; I will get a chance to interact with students of different backgrounds and perhaps with different beliefs and values, it will help me represent the positive image of my country and promote Jordan among fellow students. I am sure that it will enrich me both personally and academically.
I was delighted to find the opportunity to study Software Development at the Cardiff Metropolitan University. I chose England as my preferred destination because I would love to experience the English culture and their amazing educational system.

I have always wanted to go on an exchange program and have a look at the computing field in a country other than mine as it differs considerably from one country to another. So far, I have had the privilege of being taught by the best Jordanian professors in this field, but Jordan is still a young country with a new heritage of computer science, it is very important to me to visit and to study in a place which is technologically advanced and is popular in this field.

Studying abroad is a big challenge because you need to be independent and adapt to a new environment. You need to adapt to a different language, different culture and different people. This is a challenge I would love to take on, I am determined to make the most out of its benefits, I would like to gain new skills and knowledge during my exchange period as well as improving my English; it will improve my self-confidence and communication skills. This will help me to work not only in my homeland but also on the international level. Also, it will help me in the programming competitions I intend to participate in.
I would describe myself as a helpful person as I always help my friends with their studies and I am interested in helping students with courses that I have already taken. Being given a chance to gain new knowledge will allow me to share it with people.

When I heard about the possibility to go study at a European country, I know I had to take this opportunity. This is a once in a lifetime chance that I should take with both hands, not going would be a missed chance I will regret for the rest of my life. I hope I can experience this unique opportunity as I am sure that this program is perfect for my future plans. I am grateful for considering my application and looking forward for a favorable reply.

Yours faithfully,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Motivation letter