Hi,

would be great if someone could have a look at my text and maybe grade it.

That is the given topic:

‘Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.”

It is easy. Just remove the lid and put it in the microwave. 5 minutes later your meal is ready to eat. Do those ready-to-eat meals improve our way of life? I do strongly believe that they do not!

First, for me cooking is a tradition and part of my culture.. I still remember the Sundays when all my family members came over to enjoy a meal together. But not only the meal, we also did prepare and cook together. That has been great fun and it was nice doing something together as a big family. Only if you cook what you eat you learn to value your meal. I do think that it is of great importance to be aware what you eat. My sister for example does like to eat meat; however she would never prepare it on her own. That is because she thinks raw meat is disgusting. That shows that some people don’t want to know where their food comes from.

Second, I do believe all the fast food and ready-to-eat meals are a danger to our health. Although it is much more convenient to just put the ready meal for a few minutes in the microwave, most of them are not good for our body. An example is my colleague Lisa; every day at lunch break she just heats her instant meal and eats it. For me this is understandable, mainly because we have a nice large kitchen in the office, where everyone can cook or even bake in the oven. Moreover there is enough time for lunch, as our boss likes to cook himself a fresh meal every day. Lisa often is tired in the afternoon or just doesn’t feel that good also she is gaining weight constantly. In my opinion this is the effect of the improvement of easier to prepare food, like fast food.

To sum up, based upon the argument above, I’m of the opinion that the fact that food has become easier to prepare didn’t improve our ways of living.

Thank you very much!