Hi!

I would be glad if someone could correct my text and give my a grade. I have my TOEFL test in 2 weeks, but I'm still not sure about my writing skills..

“Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.”

I like variety in my life. Either by small things like taking now or then a different route to work, or by living in foreign countries for some time. Thereby I do strongly prefer the idea of moving a number of times throughout my life, rather than to stay in one place all the time.

First, moving around a number of times gets you quite a lot experience in various matters of life.
By getting to know new countries, each with a unique history and cultue, you broaden your mind. I think people who spend some time abroad are more tolerant, as they have more experience with people with different backgrounds. Another advantage is the language factor. It is always easier to learn a new language when living in the corresponding country, where you are confronted with new words all day long.

Second, working in different cities or countries or even continents enhances your job qualification.
According to researches experience in working abroad became increasingly important to companies and employers. Living and working in a foreign country shows that you are open minded and not afraid of new things or people. Foreign work experience also makes your curriculum vitae more interesting. I spent some time working in Finland and every time I apply for a job, people are courious why I have been to Finland and how I liked it. That is always a nice topic to talk about in an job interview.

To sum up, based on my arguments above, I am of the opinion that moving around for some time, or even for your whole life has a lot of positiv impacts on your life.

Thanks in advance!