Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Could you check my article? Thank you in advance.

I just love long walks. I have done this since I was little. Mountains, forest or countryside, the scenery doesn’t matter. What is important is to go forward and finish the route. Last year I decided to walk Camino del Norte, which is an alternative to the now famous Camino de Santiago route.
I must admit it was a magnificent experience from the beginning to the very end. During this walk I encountered all kinds of conditions. There were days when I waded in cows dung or almost slid downhill on pebble tracks and slept in obscure refuges . The weather was very varied. I started in blinding sunshine but it gradually changed into rain, tempests an cold mornings of late October. That was a challenge, but how rewarding! It is all about the spirit of pilgrimage. Despite the hardship you have no other way but to keep on advancing on the route. I had the utmost pleasure to meet some wonderful people! As a matter of fact, I walked half of the route in a company of a lovely Parisian, with whom I keep in touch until now. However, there were times when I was completely by myself. However, such moments of solitude give you a chance to reflect on your life or ponder on some serious existential issues for a while and that’s important as well. And then finally there are moments like the one when you reach a top of a hill after a strenuous ascent to see the breathtaking, mighty blue ocean in front of you. That makes the whole thing worthwhile!
Walking Camino del Norte was the most memorable experience of my life. I can’t wait to set out on another pilgrimage, next time from a different starting point.

Grumpy

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you check my article? Thank you in advance.

I just love long walks. I have done this since I was little. Mountains, forest or countryside[STRIKE],[/STRIKE]; the scenery doesn’t matter. What is important is to go forward and finish the route. Last year I decided to walk the Camino del Norte, which is an alternative to the now famous Camino de Santiago route.
I must admit it was a magnificent experience from the beginning to the very end. During this walk I encountered all kinds of conditions. There were days when I waded in cows' dung, or almost slid downhill on pebble tracks and slept in obscure refuges. The weather was very varied. I started in blinding sunshine, but it gradually changed into rain, tempests and the cold mornings of late October. That was a challenge, but how rewarding! It is all about the spirit of pilgrimage. Despite the hardship, you have no other [STRIKE]way[/STRIKE]choice but to keep on advancing [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE]along the route. I had the utmost pleasure to meet some wonderful people[STRIKE]![/STRIKE]. As a matter of fact, I walked half of the route in [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]the company of a lovely Parisian, with whom I still keep in touch [STRIKE]until now[/STRIKE]. However, there were times when I was completely by myself. However, such moments of solitude give you a chance to reflect on your life, or ponder on some serious existential issues for a while, and that’s important as well. And then, finally, there are moments like the one when you reach [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]the top of a hill after a strenuous ascent, to see the breathtaking, mighty blue ocean in front of you. That makes the whole thing worthwhile!
Walking Camino del Norte was the most memorable experience of my life. I can’t wait to set out on another pilgrimage[STRIKE],[/STRIKE]; next time from a different starting point.

I enjoyed your article; thanks. Try not to use the exclamation mark quite so much. Less is more!

Status
Not open for further replies.