Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Kuwait
Current Location
Kuwait
Will anybody tell me how to get embedded clauses out of a paragraph like this?
first, I want understand how many kinds of embedded clauses do we have in English and how can we recognize them simply.

Max was just a few days old when he was orphaned. An endangered Southern White rhino, his mother had been killed by poachers, murdered for her horn. Aged two weeks and alone in the world, he was rescued by a team headed by Ian Craig, a renowned conservationist who helped found the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in northern Kenya. Max was blindfolded and his ears plugged with cotton wool to keep him calm for the journey to his new home at the fenced reserve. Max was then hand-reared by a dedicated team of rangers who fed him every four hours with Lactogen, a milk formula, and vitamins. His stable was kept warm at night, and a ranger would sleep next to him on the straw. During the day, he was taken for walks with his best friends, two black Labradors. Everybody loved Max, and I was lucky enough to have met him a number of times. I fed him milk from a giant baby bottle and played chase across the Africa bush. There is something wonderful about being so close to such a majestic beast, especially one so young. Early in the morning of June 2011, gunshots were heard in the compound. Max’s carcass was found lying in the warm mud. He had been shot 17 times. In an attempt to hack out the stub of what remained of his horn, poachers had sliced deep into his face.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

fuadha

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Kuwait
Current Location
Kuwait

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's because I am studying English and have a problem with this matter.

Even so, why would you want to remove embedded clauses from a piece of text?

Status
Not open for further replies.