Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Philippines
Hello, I would like you to check the below sentences.
This is for the greeting message of a software I made.

????????????

Please point out any grammatical errors, or any unnatural expression, anything to be improved, any other way which English-native would say, etc.

I do appreciate your help.
Thank you in advance.

=========================

Welcome to "3D PHONETICS"

This software has been developed for Japanese students who wish to acquire English pronunciation.

You can master every phonetic symbol by actually manipulating the 3D phonetic model using left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.

Select any phonetic symbol you want to learn either in Mode A or B.
In Mode A, you can rotate the 3D model horizontally to observe the shape of the mouth and tongue from any favorite angle.
In Mode B, you can animate the lips, mouth and tongue and carefully learn how the sound is produced in your mouth.

When you select any vowel, you will see the articulation table at the right-bottom of the window. It immediately shows which pronunciation you are learning, how you should position your tongue, comparing with other vowels. You can also check the difference from Japanese vowels.

When you select any consonant, you will see an illustration which tells you some important points to correctly pronounce it.

For any phonetic symbol, a brief explanation will appear at the right-hand side of the window.

For more detailed explanation, you can click "Voice" button, and sample pronunciation can also be heard.

You can adjust the volume of, or turn on/off, the BGM and "Voice" explanation any time you want.

To be better in pronouncing each vowel and consonant of English, you will also be much better in expressing yourself and in listening comprehension, and even in reading and writing skills.

I do hope you will enjoy learning Basic English Phonetics with this software, as a very important basis of learning English.

Last edited:

KEN JPN

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Philippines
Well, I have been observing for some days but it seems my English above is OK because, at least, there have not been any negative comments.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Moved to Writing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.