Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hi can some kind soul pls help to write a appropriate and outstanding letter in applying a slot in kindergarten. My case is kinda special and I really hope expert in English n letter writing can help me plssss!!! Anticipating for some kind reply. Much appreciated and thanks in advanced.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Letter writing to apply for kindergarten school admission

Hello Jacobie,

If you write a draft of your letter and post it here, someone may take a look to see how we can help you with it. When you write your draft, make sure you are using real words, like "please" and "in" not "pls" and "n."

Jacobie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
letter writing

I am really not confident with my letter writing in getting my child to this famous school and would greatly appreciate helps from you please. Please do add in any positive or negative words if necessary to make this letter more impressive? Thank you very much!!

Dear XXXX

With duerespect, I XXXX, mother of XXXX would like to request of transferring my daughter’sto XXXX kindergarten.

XXXX'sdate of birth is XXXX and is currently studying in level 2 in XXXX kindergarten.

XXXX isfamous to have gotten high qualified and experienced teachers, good materialconditions and good reputation, XXXX Kindergarten cum Primary sectionand leading to Secondary section will definitely provide a good environment in whichshe can learn throughout her growing stage and to effectively equip her for thechallenges of her future. I trust if she has been given a chance to be partof XXXX, not only it would improve her social skills but also to learn how tolive for others and to put her love into Christ for action.

XXXX isa fun-loving, active and expressive girl and is popular among teachers and kids inclass. She is very friendly and loves taking care of other children. She is anout-going girl who enjoys all activities inside and outside of kindergartensuch as piano, dancing cycling, writing and other activities. She can completeher homework independently. She was also chosen to be Girl Guide in school andthis shows that she can be a good leading example in school.

Myhusband and I would do all in our power to support our daughter. Though I knowplaces in your school is very competitive and demanding, I still determine toapply for a place for XXXX as Winston Churchill saying “Life is a test and thisworld a place of trial”.

Attachedto this letter is her report card for level 1 in kindergarten and would be gratefulif she could be granted an opportunity for an interview. Thank you forconsidering our application and we look forward to your positive reply.

Yourssincerely,

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: application of transfering my child to a famous school

What does the school you want her to go to ask you to submit? Are there points your application letter should cover? Do they want it to be a certain length? Discuss anything specifcally? I assume it is a Christan school?

It's a bit confusing because you use XXXX as both the name of the school and your daughter's name.

Jacobie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
letter writing

Thank you so much Barb_D for your reply. My daughter is in K2 now at her age of 4 and when she turns 5 next yr she will be in K3. I wanted to apply K3 for her in that famous school but thethey said its already full and cant be put on waiting list. Instead that lady advised me to appeal for K2 which semester 1 has already ended, now its beginning of semester 2. She told me to write a letter explaining about my situation and attached my daughter's report card for K1. I like about this school is because they have primary and secondary school as well. and for existing students from kindergarten can promote straight to primary eventually secondary later. Its not easy i know to get in. good things are hard to get! still i wanted to try! Sorry to make you confuse, do you have a private inbox that i can commuicate with you?

Last edited:

Jacobie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Re: letter writing

Hi Barb_D. can you help please? Im a little running late in submitting the application. Please. Thanks alot!

Jacobie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong

hi Barb_D. i hope to get your help and reply soon please. i need to submit this asap.. sincerely asking for help. =)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Sorry, I didn't see your reply.

You need to be a bit more clear from the beginning.

My daughter, name, is currently in K2. I am respectfully requesting that she be admitted for the second semester in the K2 program at [name of school].

[name] is [then describe her as you have done - say why she would be an asset to the school]

I hope she will be admitted to [name of school] because [now say why it would benefit her.]

[You might want to say what you would provide to the school as a family - would you be a class volunteer, serve on committees, etc. I don't know if this important where you are. Here, they would expect participation from the parents as well, I think.]

As requested, I have attached her reportcard from her first semester. [As you can see, she got all A's. - Or something else complimentary about her performance.]

Jacobie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong

Hi Barb_D, i have completed the letter with your advices. Please help to do a last check before i have confident in sending out? Thanks alot lot!!

Date:

To the Principle
Address

Dear Name of Principle,

My daughter, Sandra Lunt is currently inK2 of a Pre-School. I am respectfully requesting that shebe admitted for the second semester in K2 of XXXX Kindergarten.

Sandra Lunt is fun-loving, expressive and a younggirl with lots of potential. Her friendly and outspoken character made herpopular among school teachers and kids in class. She enjoys all activitiesinside and outside of school including, reading of story books, piano lessons,dancing lessons, cycling activities, going on outings and many otheractivities. She was chosen by school to be a member of Girl Guide which shows thatshe has been a good role model in school.

I hope she will be admitted to XXXXKindergarten because I have great respect for your school’s fine reputationwith high qualified experienced teachers and think highly of the school’s manyfacilities. XXXX Kindergarten cum Primary School to Secondary School woulddefinitely provide a good environment in which she can learn throughout hergrowing stage and to effectively equip her for the challenges of her future. Itrust if she has been given a chance to be part of XXXX family, not onlyit would improve her social skills but also to learn how to live for others andto put her love into Christ for action.

Although I know places in your school are verycompetitive and demanding, I still determine to apply for a place by anychance. My husband and I would do all in our power such as class volunteer,serve on committees if necessary to support our daughter.

As requested, I have attached her reportcard fromher K1. As you can see her teacher to her comment was excellent. Therefore, itwould be grateful if she could be granted an opportunity for aninterview.Thank you forconsidering our application and we lookforward to your positive reply.

Yours Sincerely,
Full Name
Mobile:

Jacobie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
British English
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong

Hi Barb_D.. please help ? Thank you =)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Hi Barb_D, i have completed the letter with your advices. Please help to do a last check before i have confident in sending out? Thanks alot lot!!

Date:

To the Principle Principal is al not le - put the person's name here, not "To the principle"
Address

Dear Name of Principle,

My daughter, Sandra Lunt is currently inK2 of a Pre-School. I am respectfully requesting that she space be admitted for the second semester of K2 at name of schoole? XXXX Kindergarten.

Sandra not natural to use her full name here. Just "Sandra" is fun-loving, expressive young girl with a lot of potential. Her friendly and outspoken - this is often not a positive characteristic. Find another word character made her space popular among her teachers and classmates. . She enjoys many activities, inside and out of school including no comma reading of story books, piano and dance , cycling, and going on outings. You said "including" so no need to say "and other activites". She was chosen by school to be a member of Girl Guides?, demonstrating that she is a good role model in school. ? Your school has to select you to be Girl Guide?

Her father and I hope she will be admitted to XXXX space Kindergarten because I have great respect for your school’s fine reputation space with highly qualified, experienced teachers and we think highly of the school’s many space facilities. XXXX Kindergarten cum Primary School to Secondary School would space definitely provide a good environment for Sandra and be very effective in readying her for the challenges of the future. I know if she is given a chance to be part of XXXX, she will be an asset to the the school as well as thrive in an enviornment that allows her to put her love for Christ into for action.

Although I know places in your school are verycompetitive and demanding, I am still determined to apply for a place. My husband and I are more than willing to volunteer in class or serve on parent committees, or do anything wiht our power to support our daughter and the school.
As requested, I have attached her report space card from space the first semester in K1. As you can see, her teacher's comment show her to be an excellent student.

We would be grateful
if
she could be granted an opportunity for an space interview.Thank you for space considering our application and we look space forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Full Name
Mobile:

This is all the time I can give to this letter. Good luck to you and her.

Status
Not open for further replies.