Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
I kindly ask you for corrections.

11.jpg

Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing to express my anger about the review of the local French restaurant recently published in your newspaper. As a matter of fact, I happened to be at that restaurant on the very same evening as the reviewer and I would like to refute the false information he has given in his article.
To begin with, I would like to correct the author’s wrong statement that the restaurant is a new one. In fact, it has operated since 1992, and I have no idea where the author got this information from. As for his doubt about the chef ever being to France, I know him personally and he is indeed a French national and who actually mastered his skills in France. Contrary to what was stated in the review, customers were more than satisfied with the dishes they were served. In addition to that, I heard praising remarks about the quality and authenticity of the cuisine. I would also like to clarify that David, the owner of the restaurant whom I know personally, couldn’t have been present that night as was expected due to family reasons.
I can assure you that me and other people that I know have dined at David’s restaurant for many years and we have always appreciated the quality of food it served and its lovely atmosphere. I believe the author of the critical review was simply dishonest and deliberately tried to harm David’s reputation.

Yours faithully

Last edited:

VivienneM

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Scotland
"Dear Sir

Review of L'Escargot d'Or restaurant

I have up till now always enjoyed reading your newspaper and admired the high standard of journalism. However, the review of L'Escargot d'Or, a restaurant which is local to me, caused me serious concern and indignation.

I have eaten at L'Escargot d'Or many times over the years, and as a matter of fact, I happened to be in the restaurant on the very same evening as your reviewer. You will appreciate therefore that I am therefore in an excellent position to refute the misleading, not to say false, information in the review.

The restaurant is not a new one, having opened in 1992. I am at a loss as to why your reviewer thought it was a newly-opened restaurant. As for his doubt whether the chef had "ever been to France", I can confirm that I personally know the chef, David Dupont, and that he is a French national who mastered his culinary skills in France.

Contrary to what was stated in the review, the patrons in the restaurant that night appeared more than satisfied with the dishes they were served. Moreover, I heard remarks of praise about the quality and authenticity of the cuisine.

It is true that M. Dupont was not present that night. However, his absence, a most unusual occurrence, was due to urgent and unavoidable family reasons.

I can assure you that I myself and friends and acquaintances who have dined at M. Dupont's restaurant for many years have always appreciated the quality of food served and the most pleasant ambience.

Sir, I am disappointed in your newspaper for printing something so blatantly untrue, and something that will, if believed by your readers, harm an excellent and reputable restaurant. I trust that you will take whatever steps that lie within your power to withdraw these misleading allegations.

Yours faithfully"

leszkoss

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Very nice. I can't write that well unfortunately;)

Status
Not open for further replies.