Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
The following text message is issued by Michael. Please help me check it. Thanks!

Dear Mom,
Could you do me a favor? I forgot to take three things with me this morning. The first thing is a grammar book which is on my desk. The second thing is my guitar which is hung on the wall of my bedroom. And the third thing is my marker pens which are in my bag. I am worried because I need to use them in class this afternoon. Please get these items to school gate at 12[FONT=&#26032]:
10 and I will be there to meet you. Thanks for your kindness.
Michael
[/FONT]

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The following text message [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was issued by Michael. Please help me check it. Thanks! ("issue" is a rather strong word to use here. Dictators issue laws, children don't, they write letters.)

Dear Mom,
Could you do me a favor? I forgot to take three things with me this morning. The first thing is a grammar book which is on my desk. The second thing is my guitar which is hung on the wall of my bedroom. And the third thing [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] are my marker pens which are in my bag. I am worried because I need to use them in class this afternoon. Please get these items to school gate at 1210 and I will be there to meet you. Thanks for your kindness.
Michael
Gil

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The whole thing strikes me as a very unnatural text message. I think this is more likely: Mom, forgot things. Urgent. Please (pls) bring grammar book, on my desk, guitar, on bedroom wall, and marker pens, in bag. At school gate at 12.10. Thanks (tnx).

Status
Not open for further replies.