• Swahili
      • Home Country:
      • Kenya
      • Current Location:
      • Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me please

Which is correct?
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not uncommon event, namely an alcohol-related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not uncommon event, namely an alcohol related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not-uncommon event, namely, an alcohol-related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not uncommon event, namely, an alcohol-related car accident, which paralyzed her.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me please

Quote Originally Posted by contenteditor View Post
    Which is correct?
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not uncommon event, namely an alcohol-related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not uncommon event, namely an alcohol related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not-uncommon event, namely, an alcohol-related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Mary's life was drastically altered by a not uncommon event, namely, an alcohol-related car accident, which paralyzed her.
    Which one do you think is correct, and why?
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.