Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Hello, teacher, my friend has asked me to help her to write this letter of request. Can you check for grammar errors. Thank you.

I would like to take one month off work in January 2013 to visit my mother who now lives in Shanghai. I plan to use my two weeks leave for 2013 and am willing to take unpaid leave for two weeks. I have not seen my mother (85 years old) for almost three years. Please approve my request. Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, teacher, my friend has asked me to help her to write this letter of request. Can you check for grammar errors. Thank you.

I would like to take one month off work in January 2013 to visit my mother who now lives in Shanghai. I plan to use my two weeks leave for 2013 and am willing to take unpaid leave for two weeks. I have not seen my mother (85 years old) for almost three years. Please approve my request. Thank you.

If your friend is taking one month off in January 2013, she is presumably pretty much taking the whole of January off! I think the actual dates should be included. "I would like to take annual leave, from January 1st 2013 to January 29th 2013".

Otherwise, your suggested message is absolutely fine with the exception of a missing apostrophe after "weeks" the first time it's used.

Status
Not open for further replies.