Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could also say dissapointed that.

    • We were disappointed that they lost the game.


    :D

  2. #12
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CitySpeak
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolas
    Dear RonBee,

    But in dictionary, I could find
    1. We were disappointed at the result.
    2. His parents were disappointed with him.


    So maybe we should know what he/she wants to say?

    Have a nice weekend :D

    Another possibility is "disappointed about".

    Everyone was very disappointed about the baseball team's loss. It didn't bother me. I'm completely indifferent to it.

    indifferent - not interested in something - If you are indifferent to something, it is of no importance to you.

    The preposition "to" usually follows the adjective "indifferent".

    indifferent to

    to be indifferent to
    You can also have 'disappointed by':
    He was very disappointed by the team's performance.

    BTW- Welcome back.

  3. #13
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    disappointed that:

    • I am not disappointed that we have so many new members on this forum.


    :D

  4. #14
    CitySpeak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Quote Originally Posted by CitySpeak
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolas
    Dear RonBee,

    But in dictionary, I could find
    1. We were disappointed at the result.
    2. His parents were disappointed with him.


    So maybe we should know what he/she wants to say?

    Have a nice weekend :D

    Another possibility is "disappointed about".

    Everyone was very disappointed about the baseball team's loss. It didn't bother me. I'm completely indifferent to it.

    indifferent - not interested in something - If you are indifferent to something, it is of no importance to you.

    The preposition "to" usually follows the adjective "indifferent".

    indifferent to

    to be indifferent to
    You can also have 'disappointed by':
    He was very disappointed by the team's performance.

    BTW- Welcome back.

    Thanks, :) 8)

    There are so many ways to be disappointed.

    :( :x :) 8)

  5. #15
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many ways to be disappointed.
    So true. :wink:

    Welcome to our friendly forum!


  6. #16
    joetmh Guest
    thanx everybody for all the "disappoint"s... :)

    Guessed my msg not only helped me out but also benefits others.. hehe...
    well, sometimes, we didn't realize that we actually are so confuse about certain parts of english.

  7. #17
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you weren't disappointed with all the responses.

    I am glad you weren't disappointed about getting so many responses.

    I am glad that you weren't disappointed that you got so many responses.

    I am glad you weren't disappointed in us for the way we responded to your question.

    I hope you haven't been disappointed in your expectations.

    I am glad you haven't been disappointed by the way we have explained things you.

    :wink:

  8. #18
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CitySpeak
    There are so many ways to be disappointed.

    And so few to be appointed. ;-(

  9. #19
    CitySpeak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    There are so many ways to be disappointed.
    So true. :wink:

    Welcome to our friendly forum!


    Thank you.


  10. #20
    CitySpeak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    Quote Originally Posted by CitySpeak
    There are so many ways to be disappointed.

    And so few to be appointed. ;-(

    We have to do our own appointing some times. Appoint yourself.

    I appoint myself to _______________ . - ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •