[Essay] I'm prepring for TOEFL.Please give me some advice on my my essay. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice coffee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Should Professors Pay More Attention on Research or on Students?
Presently,the society has been putting a high premium on the university education. Contrary to the society's expectation,most professors seem to be engaged in doing research. Though it is beneficial for their promotion, I have to say, education should be put in the first place.

It is undeniable that doing research help a professor keep in pace with the development in the academic field, so they can be active and famous. However,if professor ignore students, providing them poor prepared classes, it will show their irresponsibility to both students and their work.

When the professors are engaged in research, they will lack time and energy to pay attention to students.Students are obligated to acquire employable skills and professional knowledge in university through classes and practice. Science students gain data an testify the results of some conclusions; while students majoring in management should gain their experiment from practical jobs. However, they are confined to text books because they lack the guidance to help stretch themselves. As a result, the quality are far from expectation. In this point,professors should put students in the first place.

There is no exaggeration to say that the four-year study at university are the most precious time for most people, because it is during this time that we form values,perspective toward society, world and our life. Thus, university education seems rather important.students should learn to judge, and think critically. However,if they are neglect by professors, and all their job is to read text books,and recite answers, how can they think about since they may have accepted the answer given by books? On the contrary, professors, are supposed to encourage and impulse free and critical thinking by leading them into a bigger world and communicating with them.

Accordingly, for the sake of students and the future of society, professors are supposed to pay more attention on students than research. Also, int this way, they can fulfill their responsibilities and reach the expectation.

m1353

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Should Professors Pay More Attention on (pay attention to something not on) Research or on Students?
Presently,the society has been putting a high premium on the university education. Contrary to the society's expectation,most professors seem to be engaged in doing research. Though it is beneficial for their promotion, I have to say (that) education should be put in the first place.

It is undeniable that doing research help a professor keep in pace with the development in the academic field, so they can be active and famous. However,if professor(s) ignore students, providing them poor prepared classes, it will show their irresponsibility to both students and their work.

When the professors are engaged in research, they will lack time and energy to pay attention to students.Students are obligated to acquire employable skills and professional knowledge in university through classes and practice. Science students gain data an(d) testify the results of some conclusions; while students majoring in management should gain their experiment from practical jobs. However, they are confined to text books because they lack the guidance to help stretch themselves. As a result, the quality are far from expectation. In this point,professors should put students in the first place.

There is no exaggeration to say that the four-year study at university are(is) the most precious time for most people, because it is during this time that (our values,perspective toward society, world and our life are formed) we form values,perspective toward society, world and our life. Thus, university education seems rather important.students should learn to judge, ( comma should be deleted) and think critically. However,if they are neglect (neglected) by professors, and all their job is to read text books,and recite answers, how can they think about since they may have accepted the answer given by books? (I can't understand this part, what do you mean by that?) On the contrary, professors, (delet comma) are supposed to encourage and impulse(this is a noun, it can not be used here like this as a verb, say simply professors are supposed to encourage critical thinking by ... ) free and critical thinking by leading them into a bigger world and communicating (communicate)with them.

Accordingly, for the sake of students and the future of society, professors are supposed to pay more attention on (to) students than research. Also, int (delet) this way, they can fulfill their responsibilities and reach the expectation.

Good luck, I'm not sure whether other coorections are needed also.

ice coffee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
thank you very much.It is very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.