• Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Chile
      • Current Location:
      • Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please check my letter of motivation to study in France

To Whom It May Concern 05.12.12

My name is David Meneses, I am a graduate student in Chemical Engineering at Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaíso, Chile. I am pleased to be applying to the International Master in Management “Grande Ecole” program at Audencia, France.
    I have completed both my undergraduate and M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering coursework, and I am now finishing my Master’s thesis and looking for a new direction for my professional and personal development. The six years of my engineering training focused on solving problems and on enhancing creativity. But I was not equipped enough with the managerial tools that are fundamental to evolve in the Business world and to become one of tomorrow’s key leaders. The International Master program would provide a large step towards reaching that goal.

There are many competitive programs but Audencia’s International Master in Management program is the one that appeals to me the most for various reasons.
    Firstly, Audencia School of Management is widely acknowledged through prestigious international accreditations and consistently high international rankings, being ranked amongst the top French Business schools. From all the testimonies I have read, it is clear that this Master program would open me the doors to the thriving world of Business, working in well-renowned companies and enabling me to launch a successful international career. Secondly, Audencia’s International Master in Management program, unlike other programs, is dedicated to students like me who have no management or business background. I would thus be sure to gain a high level training with the theory and practice I would need to get into the Business world. Further, while I would be gladly learning the French culture and language, Audencia’s International Master in Management program promotes students mobility, as they could spend an entire semester abroad, learning about another country’s market’s evolution while at the same time experiencing life abroad. Being profoundly attracted to other countries’ culture and language, this would provide me with a unique human experience along with an incredible opportunity to learn firsthand about the Business in any other foreign economy. Finally, this program brings together participants from all over the world, so I would be in contact with diverse cultures and I would also develop an international network.

While applying for this program and for the Eiffel scholarship, I perfectly realize that the competition is tough. I feel, however, that I have many strengths that make me eligible for the program. My first quality is my ability to work in group, as attested by my master’s thesis which involved working in collaboration with others. This experience helped me develop my organizational skills as I was responsible of the setting up of the experimental apparatus and procedure. Another quality is my quite versatile nature as attested by my long list of academic and extra-curricular activities presented in my resume. As an amateur sportsman I was the founder and trainer of the Squash workshop at my University, and as a musician I have performed at many events along with my school bands. Those activities also offered me the opportunity to practice public speaking which is a fundamental component of my career. Moreover, the fact that I speak two languages (Spanish, English) and my curiosity about different cultures in the world foster my integration in a multicultural environment.

I am ready to invest into my future and further finalize my degree. Having read about Audencia School of Management and after having made my research on the web I realized it would be my dream to further my education at the prestigious school. This program will equip me with the necessary skills for a higher level of management for my future career.

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by deividmen; 07-Dec-2012 at 15:07.