Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Dear teachers,

Would you mind checking this short letter for errors?

The intent is to know or ask the prices of equipment for measuring the flow of gases.

To whom it may concern

I would very much appreciate if you sent me the prices of 3 gas flow meters described in the leaflet attached as TG 05, TG 1 and TG 3.

Thank you for your attention

So, does it read well? I actually don't know how to start and end a letter like this. In my opinion I should be a bit more polite, include an introduction or something.

Thank you very much.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear teachers,

Would you mind checking this short letter for errors?

The intent is to know or ask the prices of equipment for measuring the flow of gases.

To whom it may concern

I would very much appreciate if you sent me the prices of 3 gas flow meters described in the leaflet attached as TG 05, TG 1 and TG 3.

Thank you for your attention

So, does it read well? I actually don't know how to start and end a letter like this. In my opinion I should be a bit more polite, include an introduction or something.

Thank you very much.

It's a functional letter asking for prices. There is no need to be particularly polite. In fact, I think "I would very much appreciate ..." is overly formal. I would go with something like:

Dear Sir/Madam

Please send me the prices of the three gas flow meters described in the leaflet attached - TG05, TG1 and TG3.

Thank you.

[Your name]

You certainly don't need a personal introduction. This is a standard business-type letter. You are not trying to make friends with the recipient.

Status
Not open for further replies.