Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello. I was wandering if you could answer these questions
1:Which term do you use as a native speaker for joice made from sour grape?
verjuoce or unripgrape joice
2:does this make sense to you?Brown special for oil that is for frying. yes or no
3:Is this true ?salty grapes is used for sour grapes that are pidkled. Yes or no
4:Which one is better you think if you are familiar with?Iranian doogh or Iranian yogurt based salty drink.
5:which term is used in your country for a type of milk with fat content of 2.5%
6:Is pizza paste a true term for pre-baked pizza bread?
These are some questions that a native English speaker shouls ask them And i am an Iranean.please help me.

SlickVic9000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1) I think "verjuice" is the proper term, though I don't see anything wrong with "unripe grape juice" or "sour grape juice".

2) That statement makes no sense to me.

3) I'd just call them "pickled grapes".

4) I've never tried "doogh".

5) These are the only types of milk I've heard of: 1%, 2%, fat free, skim, whole, half and half, soy, and organic.

6) I believe the term is "pizza dough".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. I was wondering if you could answer these questions.

1: Which term do you use as a native speaker for [STRIKE]joice[/STRIKE] juice made from sour grapes?
Verjuice or unripe grape [STRIKE]joice[/STRIKE] juice?
I have never heard of "verjuice" but I also don't know a word for juice made with sour grapes.

2: Does this make sense to you? Brown special for oil that is for frying. Yes or no?
No.

3: Is this true? Salty grapes [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are used for sour grapes that are pickled. Yes or no?
I don't know.

4: Which one do you think is better [STRIKE]you think[/STRIKE] if you are familiar with them? Iranian doogh or Iranian yogurt-based salty drink.
I am not familiar with either of them.

5: Which term is used in your country for a type of milk with fat content of 2.5%?
In the UK, we have full-fat milk (3.5%), semi-skimmed (1.5 - 1.8%), skimmed (less than 0.3%). Those only apply to cow's milk. Goat's milk also comes in full fat, semi-skimmed and skimmed but I don't know the percentages. Non-dairy users have milk alternatives made from soya, oats, almonds, hazelnuts, rice, quinoa, cashews and other grains/nuts. They have varying percentages of fat.

6: Is pizza paste [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]true[/STRIKE] right term for pre-baked pizza bread?
Pizza dough.

These are some questions that I would like to ask a native English speaker. [STRIKE]shouls ask them[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] I am [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Iranean[/STRIKE] Iranian. Please help me.

I have made some amendments in red, and written my answers in blue.
Please concentrate on the rules of written English:

- Start every new sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark (full stop, question mark, exclamation mark).
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Check your spelling carefully before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.