Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello, I would be really greatful if somebody can check on my motivation letter, grammar, vocabulay and so on... Thank you very much :)

Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing in order to express my immense interest in applying for the XXX program at YYY University in ZZZ starting in autumn 2013.
I am a Slovak student studying for my master's degree in the XXX University in Czech Republic. My field of studies is YYY and I am keen to face a new opportunity to broaden my knowledge of things that interest me.
The main reason which is pushing me to apply for the program is Russia, its specific culture and language. I haven’t had a chance to visit this country before, until now. Today, not only that I have an opportunity to get to this distinguished country, but the theme of the XXX program provides me with a chance to integrate into Russian academic sphere, its institutions, and interact with its people and society.
To specify, what makes Russia so distinguished, compared to other countries, I have to clarify my specialization. During my undergraduate studies, I developed deeper interest in process of democratization and the role of economics in pursuing more democratic world. In my Bachelor’s thesis I analysed economic sanctions of the European Union and its influence on democratization process in Burma. In the future, it would be enticing challenge to look closer on the Russia’s democratic transformation since fall of the USSR and current human rights issues. What is more, Russia has had one of the most influential roles in foreign affairs and understanding its policy is my fundamental goal.
Second reason for applying, alongside with improving English, is to brush up on my knowledge of Russian language. It is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world and especially for me, as a student of International Relations; it provides a huge advantage in the future prospective carrier. Nowadays, I have basic knowledge of Russian that I’ve acquired in my university’s courses. However, I am planning to continue in studying, participate on Summer school in Russia and after some time, take courses in this language in the XXX University.
I am confident that Faculty of XXX allows me to carry out my studies and research successfully. Courses like YYY will provide me with closer insight into energy security as one the most essential aspects of today’s foreign economic policy of Russia. On the other hand YXY offers important analytical background for my realization in the field of global affairs and international trade.
To sum up, I am confident that I have the right academic record, the right skills and attitude to exceed the expectations and I am convinced that this program is the right step for my professional ambitions.
Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely

englishhobby

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
It sounds very impressive to a non-native speaker of English (and a native speaker of Russian). :)

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello, I would be really greatful if somebody can check on my motivation letter, grammar, vocabulay and so on... Thank you very much :)

Dear Sir or Madam,
[STRIKE]I am writing in order [/STRIKE] This is to express my [STRIKE]immense[/STRIKE] deep interest in applying for the XXX program at YYY University in ZZZ starting in autumn 2013.
I am a Slovak student studying for my master's degree in the XXX University in Czech Republic. My field of [STRIKE]studies[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] is YYY and I am [STRIKE]keen[/STRIKE] anxious to face a new opportunity to broaden my knowledge of [STRIKE]things[/STRIKE] areas that interest me.

The main reason [STRIKE]which is pushing [/STRIKE] prompting me to apply for the program is Russia, its specific culture and language. I [STRIKE]haven’t[/STRIKE] (try not to use contractions in formal correspondence) have not had [STRIKE]a chance[/STRIKE] the occasion to visit [STRIKE]this country before[/STRIKE] Russia until now. [STRIKE]Today[/STRIKE] Now, not only[STRIKE] that [/STRIKE] would I have an opportunity to[STRIKE] get [/STRIKE][STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] visit this distinguished country, but the theme of the XXX program provides me with a chance to [STRIKE]integrate[/STRIKE] be assimilated into the Russian academic sphere, its institutions, and to interact with its people and society.
To specify, what makes Russia so distinguished, compared to other countries, I have to clarify my specialization. (I don't understand this statement) During my undergraduate studies, I developed a deeper interest in the process of democratization and the role of economics in pursuing a more democratic world. In my Bachelor’s thesis I analysed economic sanctions of the European Union and its influence on the democratization process in Burma. In the future, it would be an enticing challenge to look closer [STRIKE]on [/STRIKE] at [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]Russia’s democratic transformation since the fall of the USSR and its current human rights issues. What is more, Russia has had one of the most influential roles in foreign affairs and understanding its policy is my fundamental goal.

The second reason for applying, along [STRIKE]side[/STRIKE] with improving English, is to brush up on my knowledge of Russian language. It is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world (Russian? really?) and especially for me, as a student of International Relations, it provides a huge advantage in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE]my future prospective [STRIKE]carrier[/STRIKE] career.[STRIKE] Nowadays[/STRIKE] Presently, I have a basic knowledge of Russian that [STRIKE]I’ve[/STRIKE] I have acquired in my university [STRIKE]’s[/STRIKE] courses. However, I am planning to continue [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE][STRIKE] studying[/STRIKE] my studies, participate [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in summer school in Russia and after some time, take courses in[STRIKE] this language [/STRIKE] Russian in the XXX University.
I am confident that the Faculty of XXX would allow[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] me to carry out my studies and research successfully. Courses like YYY will provide me with a closer insight into energy security as one the most essential aspects of today’s foreign economic policy of Russia.[STRIKE] On the other hand [/STRIKE] Additionally, YXY [STRIKE]offers[/STRIKE] would provide important analytical background for my realization in the field of global affairs and international trade.

[STRIKE]To sum up[/STRIKE] In summary, I am confident that I have the [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] academic record, the [STRIKE]right [/STRIKE] appropriate skills and proper attitude to exceed the requirements of XXX University and I am convinced that this program is the right step for my professional ambitions.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely

Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.