Academic
Native Language
Tibetan
Home Country
India
Current Location
Nepal
The Great Prayer Festival

Monlam is one of the most important festival in every Tibetan Buddhist school because the purpose of the prayer helps to overcome obstacle to peace and generate conducive condition for everyone to live in harmony. As far as Monlam itself means reminder which we can remind deeply held principle such as helping others through showing the path of enlightenment, reminding yourself the essence of Buddha’s teaching and qualities. This festival is to pray for peace and harmony in their lives and throughout the world.
The word Monlam could be translated as "the path of aspiration". Tibetan Mon means a wish, aspiration and lam - a path. The Buddha taught that this kind of prayer is beneficial not only to the person reciting it, but it may also have an impact on the world by influencing the course of events.
It is said that the crowd of prayers is multiplied by group recitation. A single prayer recited in a group has more strength than recited individually. In addition, each participant of group prayers collects the amount of merit equal to the merit gathered by all participants.
This festival held in holly places such as Sakyapa held in Lumbini since 1991, leads by His Holiness the Sakya Trizin and other many great masters. This year I could only receive a long life initiation on the last day of Monlam.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, mangal.

Do you have a question?

mangal batra

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Tibetan
Home Country
India
Current Location
Nepal
I dont know wheather this assay is good or bad.. I sent this assay in order to correct if it has problems. I hope this site is not design as i thought. Please somebody tell me what it is all about

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your essay should have been posted in the Editing & Writing Topics forum, mangal batra.

I'll move it for you.

Rover:)

Man_From_India

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The Great Prayer Festival

Monlam is one of the most important festival in every Tibetan Buddhist school because the purpose of the prayer [STRIKE]helps[/STRIKE] is to help (to) overcome obstacle to peace and generate conducive condition for everyone to live in harmony. As far as Monlam itself means reminder which we can remind deeply held principle such as helping others through showing the path of enlightenment, reminding yourself the essence of Buddha’s teaching and qualities. This festival is to pray for peace and harmony in their lives and throughout the world.
The word Monlam could be translated as "the path of aspiration". Tibetan Mon means a wish, aspiration and lam - a path. The Buddha taught that this kind of prayer is beneficial not only to the person reciting it, but it may also have an impact on the world by influencing the course of events.
It is said that the [STRIKE]crowd[/STRIKE] (not sure what you tried to convey with this?) of prayers is multiplied by group recitation. A single prayer recited in a group has more strength than recited individually. In addition, each participant of group prayers collects the amount of merit equal to the merit gathered by all participants.
This festival is held in holly places such as Sakyapa, [STRIKE]held in[/STRIKE] Lumbini since 1991, [STRIKE]leads[/STRIKE] led by His Holiness the Sakya Trizin and other many great masters. This year I could only receive a long life initiation on the last day of Monlam.

N.B. - One doubt I have: I am not sure if I can pass his sentence as correct - "The purpose of the prayer helps to overcome ...'
Native speakers please help. I feel it's correct but I personally write it this way - "The purpose of the prayer is to help (to) overcome ..."

Another one is: "conducive condition". I generally use something like "condition conductive to..". But I considered "conductive condition" as correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.