Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.
Why not think of some other questions, without mentioning all the various positions he took? Or try tag questions? For example:
1. The woman didn't notice Alex, did she? - She did. She saw him lying in the field.
2. The woman asked him about his health, didn't she? - No, she didn't. She asked him what he was doing in the field.
3. How did Alex explain why he was in the field (the reason for being in the field)?
4. Alex looked very neat and clean, didn't he? - No, he didn't. He was (looked) dirty.
5. Which direction did he want to go on his way? - He wanted to go North.
6. He was sitting on the ground all through his conversation with the woman (while he was talking to the woman), did he? - Yes, he did.
If I were a native speaker of English, I would never shut up. :-)