Hi everyone
I make the English learning video on Youtube feel free to go check out

youtube.com/jdapotter

If you are interested in improving your English but you don't know where to start, I have some tips and hints to share with you.

When people learn English as their second language, most people first learn the alphabet and then how to spell simple words. Once you have learnt some words, you can then make simple sentences by including the correct tense. This is a confusing way to learn as you learn words by recognizing the whole word and not the sounds of the individual letters put together.

It doesn't work because it's not natural. The natural way that humans learn languages is by listening. Listening is the key to be success. Think of when you learned your own language when you were a baby. Of course you could not read or write yet. You listened to your mother, your father and all the other people around you. They spoke to you and you heard them speaking to others. You copied the sounds that they made with out knowing what the sounds meant. Over time you started to picked up the words like MOMMY and DADDY and began to understand what some words meant. Over time you slowly learnt how to speak.

That is how you are supposed to learn how to speak a language, even as a grown up. So the first thing I would recommend you to do is to listen. Listen to any material that you can find. It could be movies, radio, songs, audio books or television. But the key thing that I want you to remember today is that you should be able to understand at least 60 to 70 percent of what you are listening to. Otherwise you won't learn anything because you don't understand enough to learn more.