This is for a listening comprehension exercise. The text is from a CD.
Alex Dinon has escaped from prison a day ago. Felix and Adam are the detectives that have to look for him.
If this is what the students will hear:
‘Dinon can’t get out of the country now. But we need to find him today. The Chief isn’t going to be very happy.’
Late in the afternoon the Chief of Police telephoned. ‘Come to my office in half an hour,’ she told Felix. Felix felt tired and dirty. He quickly drank some black coffee, and changed his shirt. Twenty minutes later he stood in front of Eva Hine’s desk. She did not smile, but looked at Felix and waited.
Are these suitable questions to ask?
1. When did they want to capture Dinon? They wanted to capture him that day.
2. What did the Chief of police want when she called late in that afternoon? She wanted Felix to go to her office.
3. Did Felix do anything before leaving his office? Yes, he drank some black coffee, and changed his shirt.
4. What was Eva Hine’s attitude when Felix was in her office? She did not smile, but looked at Felix and waited.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks a lot for your help.
4. What was Eva Hine’s attitude when Felix was in her office? She did not smile, but looked at Felix and waited.Why was Eva smiling and what else did she do? (Again, trick question because she wasn't smiling.)
Isn't it a good one?
Sorry, What is the difference between 'trick question' and 'a tricky question'?
A tricky question is one that is difficult to answer. A trick question is one which actually tries to confuse the answerer into getting the answer wrong. They have to spot that something in the question is wrong, not just work out the answer.
Here's an example which many people are caught out by:
How many animals did Moses put on the Ark?
Thank you for your explanation. I didn't know that one.
None. Noé was the one that did it.How many animals did Moses put on the Ark?