[Grammar] Please help me correct the letter of recommendation. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goobee

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Hong Kong
To whom it may concern,

It is my pleasure to provide a recommendation letter to Ms. Tham Ha Thi. Tham was my student in FPT university, Vietnam that I have mentored during Vietnam Summer of Code, 2011.

Tham and her team has got the third prize in the contest.

Vietnam Summer of Code is the local version of Google Summer of Code where students across the country develop open source software and compete with others.

The goal of the project was to improve a feature of the LibreOffice (formerly OpenOffice) which is million lines of code in size. Though the size of the project was extremely hard for undergraduate students to understand, Tham has successfully completed her has as assigned. The tasks she has done include, but not limited to: setting up development environments on operating systems such as Windows/Linux/Mac OS X, analyzing million lines of source code to pinpoint where to modify, apply the code change and doing regression test on various environments that have been mentioned above.

Tham and other two students student from FPT university are among the very talented students of the FPT university, who have chosen as a team from the university to join the competition.

In three month of the project, Tham has shown a number of strengths to offer the scholarship. She is a hard-working person, works well with other team members, support others in problem solving, is dependable and always completes on time the tasks she was assigned.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Tham to your program. If you should ever need any additional information you can feel free to contact me at (phone number) or by email at (email) anytime.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To Whom It May Concern,

It is my pleasure to provide a recommendation letter[STRIKE] to [/STRIKE] for Ms. Tham Ha Thi. Tham was my student in FPT university, Vietnam[STRIKE] that [/STRIKE] where I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] mentored during Vietnam Summer of Code, 2011.

Tham and her team [STRIKE]has got the [/STRIKE] earned third prize in the contest.

Vietnam Summer of Code is the local version of Google Summer of Code where students across the country develop open source software and compete with others.

The goal of the project was to improve a feature of the LibreOffice (formerly OpenOffice) which is a million lines of code [STRIKE]in size[/STRIKE]. Though the size of the project was extremely [STRIKE]hard[/STRIKE] large for undergraduate students to understand, Tham [STRIKE]has [/STRIKE]successfully completed her[STRIKE] has [/STRIKE] part as assigned. The tasks she[STRIKE] has done [/STRIKE] completed included, but were not limited to: setting up development environments on operating systems such as Windows/Linux/Mac OS X, analyzing a million lines of source code to pinpoint where to modify, apply [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] code changes and [STRIKE]doing[/STRIKE] regression testing on various environments [STRIKE] that have been [/STRIKE] mentioned above.

Tham and [STRIKE]other two [/STRIKE] two other students [STRIKE]student[/STRIKE] from FPT university are among the very talented students [STRIKE]of the FPT university[/STRIKE] there, who[STRIKE] have [/STRIKE] were chosen as a team from the university to join the competition.

In the three months of the project, Tham has shown a number of strengths to be offered [STRIKE]offer[/STRIKE] the scholarship. She is a hard-working person, works well with other team members, supports others in problem solving, is dependable and always completes on time the tasks she [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is assigned.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Tham[STRIKE] to [/STRIKE] for your program. If you should ever need any additional information you can feel free to contact me at (phone number) or by email at (email) anytime.

Sincerely,

Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.