Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Mr. Hung is ....... honest man, so all...... memebers in the group always respect him
A. no article/ the
B. an/ No article
C. an/ the
D. the/ the

i'm really confused between all members or all the members. when i search on the internet it's said that they are the same here. but this is multiple choice so there is only one correct answer. please explain ;-)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, wearethe best. :hi:
i'm really confused between all members or all the members. when i search on the internet it's said that they are the same here. but this is multiple choice so there is only one correct answer. please explain ;-)
The problem with this sort of test question is that there is sometimes more than one possible answer. I think 'all the members' is more likely, but I would not say that 'all members' was wrong. Incidentally, I find 'of the group' more natural than 'in the group'.

Please remember to use a capital letter for the first person pronoun I.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree with 5jj. B and C are possible.

wearethebest2012

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Welcome to the forum, wearethe best. :hi:The problem with this sort of test question is that there is sometimes more than one possible answer. I think 'all the members' is more likely, but I would not say that 'all members' was wrong. Incidentally, I find 'of the group' more natural than 'in the group'.

Please remember to use a capital letter for the first person pronoun I.

thank you for your help. I have just received the answer and the correct one is 'all the members' :-D

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
thank you for your help. I have just received the answer and the correct one is 'all the members' :-D
What your teacher decided was the correct answer was 'all the members'. As two native-speaking teachers have told you in this thread, 'all members' is also possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.