[Grammar] Getting a problem while using mixed tense in sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushabh

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
Bangladesh
Hey guys,

First of all, sorry if this question is not exact place to ask.

Well, my question is if I write: "Will start working on the project, once I receive the payment or received the payment"? Which one is correct, is it receive or received???

Also, I don't know to use to be?? How to use "To be" - Kindly, give two - three example with explanation, if possible.

I never get to know how to use both tense in one sentence - Please, suggest me. The above is only one example.

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hey guys,

First of all, sorry if this question is not exact place to ask.

Well, my question is if I write: "Will start working on the project, once I receive the payment or received the payment"? Which one is correct, is it receive or received???
I will start working on the project once I receive the payment.
I will start working on the project once payment is received.
I will start working on the project once I receive payment.
I will start working on the project once I receive a payment.

Also, I don't know to use to be[STRIKE]??[/STRIKE] This is a statement, not a question. Only use a question mark when asking a question. How to use "To be" - Kindly, give two - three examples with explanations, if possible. The answer requires more than a few examples. I suggest that you read more about "to be" and, if you have a teacher, ask about this. You can, of course, post a few samples here for comments.

I will never get to know how to use both tenses (both are more than one. In general, add an "s" to indicate a plural) in one sentence - Please, suggest some other resources to me. The sentence above is only one example.

Waiting for your prompt reply.
Gil

Rushabh

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
Bangladesh
I think, I still need to be cleared more now, please suggest here.

If I write, "I will be starting your project as soon as I receive the payment" And If I write "Will start working on the project once I receive the payment" or Once I receive the payment, will start working on the project or Once I got the payment, will start working or will start your project?

On above all the sentences does the meaning come same?? Please, clear it.

Thanks

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Insert 'I' before 'will' in all your alternatives (as Gil demonstrated), change 'got' to 'get', and they mean the same.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.