Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

I need a photo in which I can figure misty-eyed out. I have found this but it doesn’t make any difference to me. Will you help me find an accurate, clear photo, please?

Thank you,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I need a photo in which I can figure misty-eyed out. I have found this but it doesn’t make any difference to me. Will you help me find an accurate, clear photo, please?

Thank you,

That won't help you. The words "misty eyes" were chosen by the photographer as the title of his photograph. In this case, it describes the colouring/shadow of the eye make-up more than anything else.

"Misty-eyed" is a description of a person's eyes just before they cry. There are tears in their eyes but those tears have not yet started to roll down their cheeks.
I haven't been able to find a decent photographic example.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is the closest I've found, especially the picture on the left. In the one on the right, the tears have started to fall and she is wiping them away, but in the one on the left, the tears have appeared in her eyes but not yet fallen.

The phrase is used because when you have tears in your eyes, your vision becomes a little blurred, as if there is a mist in front of your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.