• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Formal e-mail to a university, is it correct?

Hi! So I need to write an e-mail to some universities asking the entry requirements for international students, I wrote this but I don't know if I should correct some things. I'd really appreciate any help with this. This is the e-mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you to request more information about your Engineering course at ____ University. I am really interested in this course and I would love to apply for it in your remarkable university in 2014.

I’m currently studying 1 de Bachillerato in Spain so firstly I would like to ask you about this qualification: could you please indicate if the Spanish Bachillerato is one of your accepted qualifications? If so, I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements of _____ University for the Spanish students as well.

Secondly, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English Language Requirements for EU Applicants from a non English speaking country. I also would like to ask the following question: would I be classed as a home/EU student or international student for fees purposes?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you so much in advance!

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Formal e-mail to a university, is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex15 View Post
    Hi! So I need to write an e-mail to some universities asking the entry requirements for international students, I wrote this but I don't know if I should correct some things. I'd really appreciate any help with this. This is the e-mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing you This is to request more information about your Engineering course at ____ University. I am really extremely interested in this course and I would love am anxious to apply for it in your remarkable renowned university for admission in 2014.

I’m (avoid contractions in formal correspondence) I am currently studying 1 de Bachillerato in Spain so firstly first, I would like to ask you about this inquire about qualification and in particular, could you please indicate if is the Spanish Bachillerato is one of your accepted qualifications? If so, I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements of _____ University for the Spanish students as well.

Secondly Second, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English language requirements for EU Applicants from a non-English speaking country . I also would like to ask the following question: and, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classed classified as a home/EU student or as an international student for fees purposes?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully sincerely,

Thank you so much in advance!
    Suggestions. Good luck.

Alex15 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot!! Your post really helped me. Let me ask you one last question please, because I forgot to add the scholarship thing! Do you thing it would be correct if after "and, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classified as a home/EU student or as an international student for fees purposes?" I added: "Would I be elegible for any scholarship?"? Thanks again!

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex15 View Post
    Thanks a lot!! Your post really helped me. Let me ask you one last question please, because I forgot to add the scholarship thing! Do you thing it would be correct if after "and, if accepted and enrolled, would I be classified as a home/EU student or as an international student for fees purposes?" I added: "Would I be elegible for any scholarship?"? Thanks again!
    I would add, "And finally, would I ........"

IreneFernandez is offline Just Joined
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Formal e-mail to a university, is it correct?

Hi There,

I need to get in contact with several universities to obtain some information about BA "top up" courses in Graphic Design. I have been rejected for Camberwell so need to try other options. I would extremely appreciate that you guys aware me about any correction that need to be done in the below mail. Many thanks in advance!

To whom it may concern

Request for BA (Hons) for Graphic & Media Design (top up)

I am currently a second year student at Camberwell College of Arts, doing my final year in Fda Graphic Design. I am interested in your BA (Hons) in Graphic & Media Design (top up) program.

I am writing to you with the desire to top up my third year at Hereford College of Arts. I am highly interested in attending your university. I would appreciate to know if you are happy to consider late applications and further information.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours,

Irene Fernandez
    EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead