Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,
I want to enter the field of article writing.I have written an article and need to know how good it is grammatical wise and quality wise .Need help to know where it has to be corrected or whether my article is vey bad .
Kindly help.
Vidya Supekar
"HOW TO SPEND NEW YEAR'S EVE?"
New year is celebrated on 31st of Dec every year by everyone, irrespective of caste. Hearing about new year, the first thing we visualise is party, friends, shopping, food . Secondly, how and where to organise a party ? Preparing list of guests to be invited, Deciding on what will be on menu? Oh! Looks like a lot of work ,but at the same time fun too.
We can celebrate New Year in 5 different ways :
1. Celebrating new year with your family is a blessed one .Very few family get a chance to meet their loved ones during this auspicious day .Family members are far away due to work and cannot often meet each other. This is one chance where they can meet. Either you can plan a dinner at home or in an restaurant and have good fun .This will help to rejoice your memory when you look back.
2. Another interesting way to celebrate your New year is to celebrate it with friends. If you are planning a party outside make sure you are in a group of minimum five to six or more .Plan somewhere safe rather than some remote areas wherein network is not available. Inform your parents about the itinerary, that is very important.
3. Invite your friends to your home on new year's eve and celebrate it in your room or in terrace .Inform your parents and take their permission so that they don't interfere when you are at party along with your friends. You can ask your mother to prepare for you and your friends nice dishes for the party and arrange all that is required for the party .Have fun without bothering neighbours and family.
4.Simple way is to visit temple or church, praying to god that the coming year will bring in good fortune and more happiness to the family. Visit your relative or the elder person and take their blessing. Plan to go to some fun fair or exhibition and later having lunch along with them. Sounds fun isn't it.
5.If you are a person who believe in karma which means ,"good deed" then you can plan to visit any old age home or orphanage and share some food and sweets with them ,remind them about old good memories which will rejoice them, help to forget their sorrows in life. It is a very thoughtful thing to do and spend time in an useful way on an new years eve.
Whichever way we celebrate New year's eve it should be for a good cause and with good intention .The day spend should be memorable one .Apart from all the fun you have, bringing smile in ones face is in itself is a great achievement. Have fun ,be safe and keep hearing from me again and again .

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,
I want to enter the field of article writing.I have written an article and need to know how good it is grammatical wise and quality wise .Need help to know where it has to be corrected or whether my article is vey bad .
Kindly help.
Vidya Supekar

An English sentence is ended with a period. There is a space after the period . before a new sentence is started. For example, This is a good time. The sky is blue.

"HOW TO SPEND NEW YEAR'S EVE?"
The New year (It's either the New Year or New Year's Eve) is celebrated on 31st of Dec. every year by everyone, irrespective of caste. Hearing about new year, the first thing we visualise is a party, friends, shopping, and food . Secondly, how and where to organise a party ? (party? Preparing...) Preparing list of guests to be invited, Deciding on what will be on menu? Oh! Looks like a lot of work ,but at the same time fun too.
We can celebrate New Year in 5 different ways :
1. Celebrating new year with your family is a blessed one .Very few family get a chance to meet their loved ones during this auspicious day .Family members are far away due to work and cannot often meet each other. This is one chance where they can meet. Either you can plan a dinner at home or in an restaurant and have good fun .This will help to rejoice your memory when you look back.
2. Another interesting way to celebrate your New year is to celebrate it with friends. If you are planning a party outside make sure you are in a group of minimum five to six or more .Plan somewhere safe rather than some remote areas wherein network is not available. Inform your parents about the itinerary, that is very important.
3. Invite your friends to your home on new year's eve and celebrate it in your room or in terrace .Inform your parents and take their permission so that they don't interfere when you are at party along with your friends. You can ask your mother to prepare for you and your friends nice dishes for the party and arrange all that is required for the party .Have fun without bothering neighbours and family.
4.Simple way is to visit temple or church, praying to god that the coming year will bring in good fortune and more happiness to the family. Visit your relative or the elder person and take their blessing. Plan to go to some fun fair or exhibition and later having lunch along with them. Sounds fun isn't it.
5.If you are a person who believe in karma which means ,"good deed" then you can plan to visit any old age home or orphanage and share some food and sweets with them ,remind them about old good memories which will rejoice them, help to forget their sorrows in life. It is a very thoughtful thing to do and spend time in an useful way on an new years eve.
Whichever way we celebrate New year's eve it should be for a good cause and with good intention .The day spend should be memorable one .Apart from all the fun you have, bringing smile in ones face is in itself is a great achievement. Have fun ,be safe and keep hearing from me again and again .
You have problems with spacing before and after punctuation. Also, you do not seem to understand how articles (a, an, the) are used in English. I suggest that you work on these basic problems before going any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.