Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone,
Can someone please help me to write reference letter?
Here it is:

Date

To whom it may concern,

John Smith was employed by ABC Transport LLC as OTR truck driver from January 2011 to January 2013. For the first six month John was hauling reefer loads, and for the next eighteen month he was hauling flatbed loads. John had been to all 48 states hauling loads of different levels of difficulty.

John was one of our best drivers, always reliable, hard-working, dedicated, trustworthy, and always punctual. We have heard many times words of appreciation from our clients and brokers that were very pleased with John’s work. Loads were always on time with no damages or shortages.

While working with this company, John never had any accidents or moving violations. He has demonstrated the ability to work under pressure and to plan and organize successfully to meet tight deadlines.

John was a great asset to this company and I highly recommend him for employment. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Name
Title
ABC Transport LLC
Contact number
Email address

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone,
Here it is:

Date

To whom it may concern,

John Smith was employed by ABC Transport LLC as an OTR truck driver from January 2011 to January 2013. For the first six months John was hauling reefer loads, and for the next eighteen months he was hauling flatbed loads. John had been to all 48 states hauling loads of different levels of difficulty.

John was one of our best drivers, always reliable, hard-working, dedicated, trustworthy, and always punctual. We have heard, many times, words of appreciation from our clients and brokers that were very pleased with John’s work. Loads were always on time with no damages or shortages.

While working with this company, John never had any accidents or moving violations. He has demonstrated the ability to work under pressure and to plan and organize successfully to meet tight deadlines.

John was a great asset to this company and I highly recommend him for employment. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Name
Title
ABC Transport LLC
Contact number
Email address

Some minor suggestions. Nice letter.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone,
Here it is:

Date

To whom it may concern,

John Smith was employed by ABC Transport LLC as an OTR truck driver from January 2011 to January 2013. For the first six months John was hauling reefer loads, and for the next eighteen months he was hauling flatbed loads. John had been to all 48 states hauling loads of different levels of difficulty.

John was one of our best drivers, always reliable, hard-working, dedicated, trustworthy, and always punctual. We have heard, many times, words of appreciation from our clients and brokers that were very pleased with John’s work. Loads were always on time with no damages or shortages.

Yours sincerely,

Name
Title
ABC Transport LLC
Contact number
Email address

Some minor suggestions. Nice letter.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are 50 states. Perhaps you could say "every state in the continental United States."

LostAndFound

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
United States
billmcd, thank you ones again!

Barb_D, maybe so. I meant "all lower 48 states" but I will changes to what you suggest!
Thank you!

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think "the lower 48" is a bit informal. My preference is still for "every state in (or of, no difference) the continental United States.

Don't omit "the."

Status
Not open for further replies.