Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
I will need your help in ...... or
I would need your help in.....

and also,
Can you please help to .........
could you please help to ..........

I always have these mix up. what should be the correct words to use. Thanks.

eunice65078

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am not an English teacher, but common usage would include:

I will need your help... (generally means you are committed to doing something but will need help at some point in the process...)
I would need your help... (generally indicates I am not yet certain I will be doing [whatever], but if I do, I will need your help to accomplish it - so my decision may depend on whether you can help)

Can you please help... ("can" is asking if you are able to help...)
Could you please help... ("could" is usually asking if you are willing to help...) and Would you please help... is asking you directly to come and help...

Others may have differing opinions on the inflections of meaning in these questions...

jovially

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
I am not an English teacher, but common usage would include:

I will need your help... (generally means you are committed to doing something but will need help at some point in the process...)
I would need your help... (generally indicates I am not yet certain I will be doing [whatever], but if I do, I will need your help to accomplish it - so my decision may depend on whether you can help)

Can you please help... ("can" is asking if you are able to help...)
Could you please help... ("could" is usually asking if you are willing to help...) and Would you please help... is asking you directly to come and help...

Others may have differing opinions on the inflections of meaning in these questions...

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.