[Essay] Please, help me! The topic is a descriptive essay about a memorable meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Peru
Current Location
Peru
A Memorable Meal
If someone asks me to think back on the most memorable moment or situation in my life, it would be very difficult to choose one specific experience. But when I remember last year, it’s impossible to forget a very special meal. It was a little expensive but it was the happiest moment I had in my last three years. Everything got better since that day. It was in San Isidro, on a cold June day. It was my friend’s birthday, so my friends and I went to her house because we thought she would prepare something to eat. But she didn’t do so. Instead, she thought my friends and I would invite her to a fancy restaurant. Fortunately, we had a lot of money with us, so we decided to go to a restaurant called Antica. When we got on the cab, one of my friends started talking about the last time she went there. She said that it was an authentic Italian restaurant that served delicious pizzas and other typical Italian dishes. We were very hungry after hearing her words. When we finally set foot in the restaurant, we all felt like we were getting immersed in a different culture: the Italian Culture.
As soon as we realized the restaurant was full of Italian people, we felt pretty amazed and also, a little scared. We knew that the occasion would be unforgettable. It was evident that we were pretty hungry and that’s why a waiter offered as the specialty of the house. It was a traditional Italian pizza that is usually offered to people that goes to that restaurant for the very first time. We asked for one of those pizzas and we ordered a strange dessert recommended by one of my friends. After eating an enormous slice of that marvelous pizza, we immediately wanted to ask for another one, but we couldn’t because of the lack of money. When we finally had the dessert, we didn’t want to go out of the place. It was absolutely incredible. After that meal, we don’t see meals as we used to do. We definitely won’t forget something like that. We came back to my friend’s house with lots of wonderful memories and a story to talk about in the future.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A Memorable Meal
If someone asks me to think back on the most memorable moment or situation in my life, it would be very difficult to choose one specific experience. But when I remember last year, it’s impossible to forget a very special meal. It was a little expensive but it was the happiest moment I had in [STRIKE]my [/STRIKE] the last three years ("my last" is acceptable, by "the last" is better). Everything got better since that day. It was in San Isidro, on a cold June day. It was my friend’s birthday, so my friends and I went to her house because we thought she would prepare something to eat. But she didn’t do so. Instead, she thought my friends and I would invite her to a fancy restaurant. Fortunately, we had a lot of money with us, so we decided to go to a restaurant called Antica. When we got [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the cab, one of my friends started talking about the last time she went there. She said that it was an authentic Italian restaurant that served delicious pizzas and other typical Italian dishes. We were very hungry after hearing [STRIKE]her words[/STRIKE] ("her words" is fine but "this" is better) this. When we finally set foot in the restaurant, we all felt like we were getting immersed in a different culture: the Italian culture.
As soon as we realized the restaurant was full of Italian people (Use Italians), we felt pretty amazed and, also, a little scared. We knew that the occasion would be unforgettable. It was evident that we were pretty hungry and that’s why a waiter offered [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] us the specialty of the house. It was a traditional Italian pizza that is usually offered to people [STRIKE]that [/STRIKE] who (Use "who" when referring to people) go [STRIKE]goes[/STRIKE] to that restaurant for the very ("very", while not incorrect, is not needed here) first time. We asked for one of those pizzas and we ordered a strange dessert recommended by one of my friends. After eating an enormous slice of that marvelous pizza, we immediately wanted to ask for another one, but we couldn’t because of the lack of money. When we finally had the dessert, we didn’t want to go out of the place (It would be simpler to write - "...we didn't want to leave".). It was absolutely incredible. After that meal, we don’t see meals as we used to do. We definitely won’t forget something like that. We came back to my friend’s house with lots of wonderful memories and a story to talk about in the future.
You write quite well and only made a couple of mistakes. What did you mean by writing that "everything got better since that day"? Did your life somehow change after eating a pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.