"another email address of his"?"another his email address""his another email address"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thincat

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
"another email address of his"?"another his email address""his another email address"

Hi,

I have a question regarding the place of the possessive determiner, "his," I should put in a sentence.

a) another email address of his (I know that there is a saying of "a friend of mine", but I don't know if it is good to say "another email address of his")

b) another his email address

c) his another email address

Which one(s) is/are grammatically acceptable?

If I am going to put it in a sentence beginning with "I do not know...," which one(s) is/are more suitable?
Thank you!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: "another email address of his"?"another his email address""his another email addr

a) another email address of his:tick:

b) another his email address:cross:

c) his [STRIKE]another[/STRIKE] other email address:tick:

Rover

JarekSteliga

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Re: "another email address of his"?"another his email address""his another email addr

c) his anotherother email address:tick:

Rover

NOT A TEACHER

Could, "... his another email address" absolutely never be used?

I am thinking of a situation when "he" used to have a number of email addresses (with which perhaps we were familiar), but suddenly one day he used a new one. Could we not then say, "We do not know his another email address" meaning, "We know that he has a new email address (beside those which we know already), but we do not know what it is"

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

NOT A TEACHER

Could, "... his another email address" absolutely never be used?

I am thinking of a situation when "he" used to have a number of email addresses (with which perhaps we were familiar), but suddenly one day he used a new one. Could we not then say, "We do not know his another email address" meaning, "We know that he has a new email address (beside those which we know already), but we do not know what it is"

No, it's completely incorrect in all contexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.