• Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Afar
      • Home Country:
      • Bahrain
      • Current Location:
      • Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please someone comment on my practcing!!

I am an English learner. But I have some diffculities with writing letters and emails. So I am writing the below paragraph for practicing. Would somebody who is native English language please comment on it. And ONE more thing would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and, then and post it here to have someone to comment on it or the forum rules don't allow such things. Thanks to all and here is my paragraph:

Yesterday, I went to the hospital to have my blood drawn for a medical test. The nurse asked me if I were fasting, I told her no because nether I know that nor I have been told to do so. Then she said:"she had to asked the doctor if is it ok to draw the blood even I'm not fasting". The doctor told her to not proceed with that. So I had to go home and come some other time when I'm ready. After two weeks I went back to the hospital, and this time I'm fasting and ready for the blood test. Surprisingly, The hospital's lab was closed! When I asked why? I been told that today is Sunday and obviously the hospital's lab close on weekends. So I had to go home once again and come back when I'm fasting and the hospital's lab is opened.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please someone comment on my practcing!!

Quote Originally Posted by a1000z View Post
    I am an English learner but I have some diffculities difficulties with writing letters and emails. So I am writing the below paragraph below for practiceing. Would somebody who is a native English language speaker please comment on it? And ONE one more thing - would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and then, and post it here to have someone to comment on it, or do the forum rules don't not allow such things? Thanks to all and here is my paragraph:

Yesterday, I went to the hospital to have my blood drawn for a medical test. The nurse asked me if I were was fasting. I told her "No" because nether I know that nor I have had not been told to do so. Then she said she had to asked the doctor if is it is ok OK to draw the blood even if I'm not fasting. The doctor told her to not to proceed. with that.

So I had to go home and come back some other time when I'm I was ready. After two weeks I went back to the hospital. and This time I'm fasting I had fasted and was ready for the blood test. Surprisingly, the hospital's hospital lab was closed! When I asked why, I been was told that today is Sunday and obviously the hospital's hospital lab is closed on ("at" in BrE) weekends. So I had to go home once again and come back when I'm fasting I had fasted and when the hospital's hospital lab is was open.ed
    See above.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 28-Jan-2013 at 18:47.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

a1000z is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Afar
      • Home Country:
      • Bahrain
      • Current Location:
      • Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    See above.

Thank you sir, I really appreciat it. Is there any advice or guidence? And what about my 2nd question would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and then, and post it here to have someone to comment on it, or do the forum rules not allow such things?

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a1000z View Post
    Thank you sir, I really appreciate it. Is there any advice or guidance? And what about my 2nd second question - would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and then, and post it here to have someone to comment on it, or do the forum rules not allow such things?
    I'm not sure what extra advice and guidance you want - I have corrected your piece. If there are any corrections you don't understand, then please ask.

You are free to post letters or emails in the forum as often as you like but you need to be aware that this section frequently has a backlog as it takes a lot longer for us to deal with these posts than with the individual questions in the Ask a Teacher section.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

a1000z is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Afar
      • Home Country:
      • Bahrain
      • Current Location:
      • Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    I'm not sure what extra advice and guidance you want - I have corrected your piece. If there are any corrections you don't understand, then please ask.

You are free to post letters or emails in the forum as often as you like but you need to be aware that this section frequently has a backlog as it takes a lot longer for us to deal with these posts than with the individual questions in the Ask a Teacher section.

Thank you.