Please someone comment on my practcing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1000z

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Afar
Home Country
Bahrain
Current Location
Bahrain
I am an English learner. But I have some diffculities with writing letters and emails. So I am writing the below paragraph for practicing. Would somebody who is native English language please comment on it. And ONE more thing would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and, then and post it here to have someone to comment on it or the forum rules don't allow such things. Thanks to all and here is my paragraph:

Yesterday, I went to the hospital to have my blood drawn for a medical test. The nurse asked me if I were fasting, I told her no because nether I know that nor I have been told to do so. Then she said:"she had to asked the doctor if is it ok to draw the blood even I'm not fasting". The doctor told her to not proceed with that. So I had to go home and come some other time when I'm ready. After two weeks I went back to the hospital, and this time I'm fasting and ready for the blood test. Surprisingly, The hospital's lab was closed! When I asked why? I been told that today is Sunday and obviously the hospital's lab close on weekends. So I had to go home once again and come back when I'm fasting and the hospital's lab is opened.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am an English learner but I have some [STRIKE]diffculities[/STRIKE] difficulties with writing letters and emails. So I am writing the [STRIKE]below[/STRIKE] paragraph below for practic[STRIKE]eing[/STRIKE]. Would [STRIKE]somebody who is[/STRIKE] a native English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] speaker please comment on it? And [STRIKE]ONE[/STRIKE] one more thing - would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and then, and post it here to have someone to comment on it, or do the forum rules [STRIKE]don't[/STRIKE] not allow such things? Thanks to all and here is my paragraph:

Yesterday, I went to the hospital to have my blood drawn for a medical test. The nurse asked me if I [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] was fasting. I told her "No" because [STRIKE]nether I know that nor[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had not been told to do so. Then she said she had to ask[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] the doctor if [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] it is [STRIKE]ok[/STRIKE] OK to draw [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] blood even if I'm not fasting. The doctor told her [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] not to proceed. [STRIKE]with that.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I had to go home and come back some other time when [STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] I was ready. After two weeks I went back to the hospital. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] This time [STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]fasting[/STRIKE] I had fasted and was ready for the blood test. Surprisingly, the [STRIKE]hospital's[/STRIKE] hospital lab was closed! When I asked why, I [STRIKE]been[/STRIKE] was told that [STRIKE]today is Sunday and obviously[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]hospital's[/STRIKE] hospital lab is closed on ("at" in BrE) weekends. [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] I had to go home once again and come back when [STRIKE]I'm fasting[/STRIKE] I had fasted and when the [STRIKE]hospital's[/STRIKE] hospital lab [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was open.[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE]

See above.

Last edited:

a1000z

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Afar
Home Country
Bahrain
Current Location
Bahrain
See above.

Thank you sir, I really appreciat it. Is there any advice or guidence? And what about my 2nd question would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and then, and post it here to have someone to comment on it, or do the forum rules not allow such things?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you [STRIKE]sir[/STRIKE], I really appreciate it. Is there any advice or guidance? And what about my [STRIKE]2nd[/STRIKE] second question - would it be OK if I write a letter or an email to practice every now and then, and post it here to have someone to comment on it, or do the forum rules not allow such things?

I'm not sure what extra advice and guidance you want - I have corrected your piece. If there are any corrections you don't understand, then please ask.

You are free to post letters or emails in the forum as often as you like but you need to be aware that this section frequently has a backlog as it takes a lot longer for us to deal with these posts than with the individual questions in the Ask a Teacher section.

a1000z

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Afar
Home Country
Bahrain
Current Location
Bahrain
I'm not sure what extra advice and guidance you want - I have corrected your piece. If there are any corrections you don't understand, then please ask.

You are free to post letters or emails in the forum as often as you like but you need to be aware that this section frequently has a backlog as it takes a lot longer for us to deal with these posts than with the individual questions in the Ask a Teacher section.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.