Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hey,
Could you please have a look at my covering letter and correct mistakes ? I would be really grateful !:)

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
I am hereby applying for admission to the Erasmus Exchange Program for winter semester 2013 in. Currently I am a student of Master’s International Business Program at the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw. However, as a student I worn “different hats” and did my bachelor of Japanese Studies, at the Faculty of Oriental Studies, at the same University.
While I was studying on the faculty of Oriental Studies I acquired knowledge concerning Japanese culture, and language skills. Overwhelming amount of information, facts, characters to learn, forced me to learn not to waste time. It was adapt or die trying. I have learned to budget my time and my assets, and most importantly, I have learned to be flexible and to get things done. It was great opportunity to get a flavor of totally different culture, lifestyle. Unfortunately, being an translator is definitively not my cap of tea. Hence, I decided to pursue a bit different career. Japan is symbol of economic growth and prosperity, thus, only cultural picture was not complete. Therefore, as my bachelor thesis was about non-regular employment in Japan in 1986-2012, I started my master studies at the Faculty of Management at University of Warsaw. My aim is to combine language skills with business knowledge. I truly believe that cultural awareness and ability to communicate in language of the country you do business in is inevitable. International Business Program was a perfect choice. I’m studying with people from all over the world, learning not only about business but also about different cultures. Therefore, participation in Erasmus Program would be a next step in gaining experience and knowledge, enriching me both personally and academically. Studying abroad would allow me to experience different approach to education. I am willing to take risk and face challenge of leaving and studying in foreign country.
I am sure that the time spent in will allow me to broaden my perspective and will contribute to my personal development by expanding my abilities and widening experience in a variety of business subjects. It is a challenge and opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself. I would also have a chance to discover a different country, its unique traditions and culture, meet students from all over the world. I truly believe that studying at would also have a positive impact on my future career.
Respectfully yours,

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hey,
Could you please have a look at my cover[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] letter and correct mistakes ? I would be really grateful !:)

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
I am hereby applying for admission to the Erasmus Exchange Program for the 2013 winter semester [STRIKE]2013 in[/STRIKE]. Currently, I am a student [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in the Master’s International Business Program at the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw. However, as a student I have worn “different hats” and [STRIKE]did[/STRIKE] completed my bachelor of Japanese Studies, at the Faculty of Oriental Studies at the same university.

While I was studying [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the faculty of Oriental Studies, I acquired knowledge [STRIKE]concerning[/STRIKE] about Japanese culture, and language skills. Overwhelming amounts of information, facts, characters to learn, forced me to learn not to waste time. It was to adapt or die trying. I have learned to budget my time and my assets, and most importantly, I have learned to be flexible and to get things done. It was a great opportunity to get a flavor of a totally different culture and lifestyle. Unfortunately, being an translator is [STRIKE]definitively [/STRIKE] definitely not my [STRIKE]cap[/STRIKE] cup of tea. Hence, I decided to pursue a[STRIKE] bit [/STRIKE]different career. Japan is a symbol of economic growth and prosperity, thus,[STRIKE] only [/STRIKE] the cultural picture was not complete. Therefore, as my bachelor thesis was about non-regular employment in Japan in 1986-2012, I started my master studies at the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw. My aim is to combine language skills with business knowledge. I truly believe that cultural awareness and ability to communicate in the language of the country in which you do business[STRIKE] in [/STRIKE] is [STRIKE]inevitable[/STRIKE] necessary and required. The International Business Program was a perfect choice. I’m studying with people from all over the world, learning not only about business but also about different cultures. Therefore, participation in the Erasmus Program would be a next step in gaining experience and knowledge, enriching me both personally and academically. Studying abroad would allow me to experience a different approach to education. I am willing to take risks and face challenges of [STRIKE]leaving and[/STRIKE] studying in foreign country.

I am sure that the time spent [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] will allow me to broaden my perspective and will contribute to my personal development by expanding my abilities and widening experience in a variety of business [STRIKE]subjects.[/STRIKE]areas. It is a challenge and an opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself. I would also have a chance to discover a different country, its unique traditions and culture, meet students from all over the world. Most importantly, I truly believe that [STRIKE]studying at [/STRIKE] it would also have a positive impact on my future career.
Respectfully yours,

Suggestions.

Daida

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Status