• Post Thanks / Like

Transmission and Interpretation Role

I need the definition of Transmission Role and Interpretation Role and need the reasons of it.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transmission and Interpretation Role

Quote Originally Posted by yas61
    I need the definition of Transmission Role and Interpretation Role and need the reasons of it.
    Reasons of it? Reasons of what? Of the position? Why reasons?

yas: Please be more specific about your question. Can you provide us with more context? Transmission role and Interpretation role in what field? Please provide us with more information so that we can help you.

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am sorry for the incomplete querry. Actually I am doing TEFL and i have to do an assignments,am stuck with the question "Define the term Transmission role and interpretation role, give reason."

• Post Thanks / Like

TRANSMISSION
    Teacher is a transmitter when he is just reading out text he is teaching his students in a shape of a class. Lecture is transmitted from teacher's mouth to students' minds. Reading from the text and transmitting it to the class. Students are mere passive listeners. There is no variation in the class arrangement. Teacher comes deliver lectures and goes back. A kind of grammar-translation method.

INTERPRETATION
    Here teacher interprets, explains. Students are there to actively participate in the class. This approach is more students oriented. It is to develop creative thinking among students. Students can also interpret. They work in a group.There is discussion in the class.

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Transmission and Interpretation Role

Thanks a lot. The definition is quite simple to comprehend.