Re: books about "Linguistics"
Originally Posted by Aidani jamal
Welcome to the forum.
I have moved your post to the Linguistics section which is more appropriate.
As an English student, I am sure that you are aware of the importance of using correct written English. This must be very important in your university work and it will be vital in your exams. Therefore, please follow the rules of written English:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Use full sentences, not fragments.
Note that it is inappropriate to address an unknown group of people as "Sir". We don't stand on ceremony on this forum. You can say "Hi everyone" or "Hi teachers" or just "Hi!" There is no need to end your posts with such formality or with your full name.
Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.