I receive a missed call and I believe the call was regarding my intend/intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
[SUP]1) I received a missed call and I believe the call was regarding my intend/intention to do voluntary work for the care home.

2) I will rush the chef to cook your meal as soon as possible as you're running out if time.

Are the above sentences correct? Please advise and thank you for your help. [/SUP]

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[SUP]1) I received a missed call and I believe the call was regarding my intend/intention to do voluntary work for the care home.

2) I will rush the chef to cook your meal as soon as possible as you're running out if time.

Are the above sentences correct? Please advise and thank you for your help. [/SUP]

I missed a call today that I believe was regarding my intention to [do volunteer work][volunteer] at the ?senior citizen's? home.
I will tell the chef it's a rush order so you can get your meal as soon as possible. I know you're running short on time.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Note that although you will hear it, "I received a missed call" doesn't really make sense. If you missed the call, then you didn't receive it.

I missed a call ...
I got a phone/mobile message/notification of a missed call ...

Status
Not open for further replies.