Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I've to teach Reflexive Pronoun to Grade Six. I need some innovative ideas to teach children. this topic seems quite dry and boring :-( I need help :-(

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've to teach Reflexive Pronouns to a Grade Six class. I need some innovative ideas to teach children. This topic seems quite dry and boring. :-( I need help. :-(

Welcome to the forum, Kinxa.

I have moved your thread to "Teaching English" which is more appropriate for asking other teachers for advice. I have never taught children so I will leave your query to someone with experience.

The only thing I will say is that starting any topic with the attitude that it's "dull and boring" won't help your teaching at all. Teaching a foreign language to a learner should always be exciting, both for you and the student.

One query - your member profile shows "Student or Learner", not "Teacher". Are you still training to be a teacher?

Kinxa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thank you for correcting me :) I'll try to be enthusiastic and yes I m student of English Language Teaching. Its my first demonstration of teaching and in near future I'll be English Language Teacher. Thanks :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for correcting me. :) I'll try to be enthusiastic and yes, I'm a student of English Language Teaching. [STRIKE]It's[/STRIKE] I'm doing my first [STRIKE]demonstration of[/STRIKE] teaching practice and in the near future I'll be an English Language teacher. Thanks. :)

Please note my corrections above in red. I assume you will be teaching both spoken and written English. On that basis, you need to make sure that you follow and teach the rules of written English.

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.

You need to concentrate on your use of articles - you omitted three important articles in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.