Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have a reading writing comprehension disability. I love to write, but I am somewhat mystified on understand the sentence. I write what I call free style or whatever comes to mind. I write to inform only. I have created my own creative style of writing. The subject/title is the epitome of the whole piece.

If I have a point to make I put them in (eclipses) and if I have to clarify them I then link it. The reason being the sentence flow is justified by not leaving the sentence for another explanation by sentence or paragraph but immediate reading by a link. I use Grammarly as my word spelling and syntax editor. I just want to be (understood). Please edit this piece for me. Paul

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I now use structured words and sentence writing. I will never understand ambiguous words along with interpreting one word for many meanings. Why not use synonyms or a link as an ambiguous word instead? I never knew one was suppose to interpret the ambiguous wording within a sentence. I take one word at a time. I have a reading and writing comprehension problem. I am one person trying to understand another persons meaning within one sentence. I love the singularity of a sentence. What is gained by trying to interpret one word with ambiguous meanings? To me the subject of the piece is the epitome of the whole piece and the subject word is an ambiguous word.

I am trying to create my own style of writing. I write to share my knowledge and in turn get knowledge while searching for knowledge on a one to one basis. Is the last sentence off the mark of meaning and understanding? Paul

Frank Antonson

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, one reason for ambiguity is the fun of puns -- I'll call it "punfun". It is fun to play with language. Consider the following sentences:

"She offered her honor. He honored her offer. And all through the night it was honor and offer."

Frank

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Frank,
I understand. I think I found out why I write, besides loving to see my words down on this screen I cannot see my thoughts. So I write descriptively, so I can understand my thoughts which I can't see. I am going back to philosophy to write by seeking knowledge to understand myself better. I am studying Grammarly to write better as well. All of you have been exceedingly patience and understanding with me. Thank you. I am also working on not trying to be (perfect) when I write. Why that word haunts me I will never know. Does this make since to you? Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.