Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

Please correct the paragraph below which I wrote about the mindfullness

--------------------------------------------------------------
When a Mom shouts at her child of age around 2 to 3, he sometimes stares at his mama back or sometimes laughs at her or else makes some strange expression and then keeps continue doing whatever he was doing at that moment. He is unable to identified this type of speaking of his mom in anger as a shouting. He just observes that his mama as speaking something. It is because he does not have any prior thought or experience which he can attach to this observation. So I will define it as the observing the event at the moment without linking to prior emotions or judgmensl.
Now when a mom shouts at a bit younger child , say of age 4 and above, he immediately reacts by either crying or showing the fear on his face. He also knows if he does not listen to his mom he might get time out. This happens because he has the thoughts in his memory from the past repeated experience of same type. The same case is with us. If someone shouts at us, we immediately react as our brain is capable to quickly fetching the information about the the person’s behavior who is shouting at us. With the help of our previous experiences which are stored in the form of thoughts, we are able to categorize the speaking of the person as shouting in anger. Then we react immediately whatever way our brain allow us to react at that moment.
If we do not link any prior experience to the present moment, anger in this example, we will be able to see shouting of the person in anger as a simple speaking somthing. If we behave like a toddler as if everything is new to the moment and we are just curious to see the moment, this is defined as mindfulness. This is a state of mind of paying attention to the moment without being judgemental.
Let ‘s me give another example to make it more clear. Most of us like chocolates but we hardly get time to enjoy the chocolate rather we just eat it. When craving occurs, we grab one chocolate ,start eating it and then continue the the work we were doing at that moment if we take some time to pay attention to the taste of the chocolate, pay attention how it melts in the mouth, pay attention to the whole process of eating it, become curious as if we are eating something new for the first time and we do not have any prior experience to this taste, this is called mindfulness eating.
------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance
Gauri

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States