Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Could you please refer me a book ( does not matter fiction or non fiction) to improve my English?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's an impossible request! What sort of books do you like? Horror? Science fiction? Fantasy? Romance? Drama? Thriller? You can see where I'm going with this! The types of books you like to read in your own language will be the types of books you will enjoy in English.

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Any fiction which covers motivation, confident, positive attitude, challenge, success etc.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Why don't you find an English translation of your favourite book? When I was learning Spanish, I found that it was very helpful to read a book I had read before (in English). That meant I already knew the plot, the characters etc and I didn't have to look up every other word. I could remember the basics of the story so, much of the time, I could make a very good guess at words or constructions that I wasn't completely familiar with.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Any fiction which covers motivation, confident, positive attitude, challenge, success etc.

This sounds more like non-fiction self-help books to me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This sounds more like non-fiction self-help books to me.

Not necessarily self-help, but certainly non-fiction. Something like "127 Hours" (film of the same name) where a guy's arm is trapped under a rock in the middle of nowhere would certainly fit "challenge" and "positive attitude".

Status
Not open for further replies.