• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Help

Hi I am really struggling on the following questions can you help me.

match the sentences (which are in the Past Simple tense) to their uses.

I wish I lived in Paris. Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
    He told me he loved me. Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
    Iíd be happier if I had more money. Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
    He usually took a bus to work. Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
    The newlyweds went on a cruise

Look at these sentences using the Past Continuous and match them to their uses.
    At 8.15 p.m. I was having dinner. Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
    We were playing games and talking about politics. Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
    I was watching TV when I heard a loud bang. Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
    The sun was shining and the children were playing. Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
    We were leaving the next day. Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story

Decide which function is correct in these sentences using 'will' and 'going to'.
    I think Liverpool will win on Saturday. Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
    Wait a moment, Iíll help you. Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
    Iím going to see that film, I read the review. Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
    Look at those clouds Ė thereís going to be a storm. Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
    Iíll phone you tonight. Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention

Any help please but I need tto know the answers to complete my assignment. Thanks

bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help

I'm sorry, but we don't do homework for people.

5jj is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help

Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can.