Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi I am really struggling on the following questions can you help me.

match the sentences (which are in the Past Simple tense) to their uses.

I wish I lived in Paris.Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
He told me he loved me.Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
I’d be happier if I had more money.Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
He usually took a bus to work.Choose... A hypothetical situation Reported speech Completed action Routine in the past Present wish
The newlyweds went on a cruise

Look at these sentences using the Past Continuous and match them to their uses.
At 8.15 p.m. I was having dinner.Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
We were playing games and talking about politics.Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
I was watching TV when I heard a loud bang.Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
The sun was shining and the children were playing.Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story
We were leaving the next day.Choose... An arrangement in the past Two long actions in progress at the same time Something in progress at a time in the past A longer action that is interrupted Setting a scene when telling a story

Decide which function is correct in these sentences using 'will' and 'going to'.
I think Liverpool will win on Saturday.Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
Wait a moment, I’ll help you.Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
I’m going to see that film, I read the review.Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
Look at those clouds – there’s going to be a storm.Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention
I’ll phone you tonight.Choose... A decision made at the time of speaking A prediction based on evidence A promise A prediction outside your control An intention

Any help please but I need tto know the answers to complete my assignment. Thanks

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I'm sorry, but we don't do homework for people.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.