Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
i am very affrid to speak english in a group of people. and also in my class room. even with this fear i am not able to to told power point presentations also. at that time of speaking in front of a class sweatting will be more. if i am single in a rom i speak english very fluently but with others i am not? so please give some suggestisons i have to follow

Last edited:

crazYgeeK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
i am very affrid to speak english in a group of people. and also in my class room. even with this fear i am not able to to told power point presentations also. at that time of speaking in front of a class sweatting will be more. if i am single in a rom i speak english very fluently but with others i am not? so please give some suggestisons i have to follow

I think it is normal to all beginners (who want to speak English). I'm also in a circumstance like you, however, I even can't speak fluently alone like you, but I dare say that I will speak well if I join a classroom (of course with some teacher or English expert there) to practice speaking skill every day. I want to share this thing to you, to overcome all the fear, you should not be afraid of taking mistakes when speaking, try to help others understand you, try to communicate with all English experience you have, don't pay too much attention on grammar and mistakes, I think all people who had to practice hardly to use and speak English well can understand why you make mistake when speaking...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am very [STRIKE]affrid[/STRIKE] afraid [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] of speaking English in a group of people (no full stop here) and also in my [STRIKE]class room[/STRIKE] classroom. [STRIKE]even with[/STRIKE] Because of this fear, I am not able to [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]told[/STRIKE] give Powerpoint presentations. [STRIKE]also.[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]at that time of[/STRIKE] When speaking in front of a class, I [STRIKE]sweatting[/STRIKE] sweat [STRIKE]will be[/STRIKE] more than usual. If I am [STRIKE]single[/STRIKE] alone in a room, I speak English very fluently but with others I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] do not? [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] Please give me some suggestions I [STRIKE]have to[/STRIKE] can follow.

Welcome to the forum.

This problem is shared by almost everyone who speaks a foreign language. It is not unusual at all. However, the only way to overcome the problem is to practice, practice, practice! Continue to speak English when you are alone - all the time. Describe things in your house to yourself. Try to find a language exchange group to attend. These groups are great because everyone is a learner of another language and everyone is nervous. Try to find a native speaker who would be happy to spend some time with you, just chatting generally.

Please look at the corrections I have made to your post in red. Remember the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns (ie English, India, London.)

teacherdiane

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Speaking a second language is always a bit scary. If you want to practice for free, try finding a native speaker who is interested in learning your native language. Language exchanges are mutually beneficial, and it is expected that you will make mistakes. Just remember, nobody is perfect and learning a language takes time.

One of my favorite games to practice English fluency is Taboo. In this game you must try to describe a word for your teammates to guess. The hard part is that there are a list of words you cannot use to describe the word on the card. This game forces you to not only speak in English, but also to think in English and use your full vocabulary!

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.