Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
1) It is good to try to talk to someone who you have just met in order to get to know the person better. For example, knowing what the person's like and dislike or sensitivity so that you know which limit or the boundary that you cannot cross. With the knowledge that you have, you will know what to do and what not to do to upset the person.

2) I wil try to understand his like and dislike or sensitivity and adapt/accommadate accordingly to his needs.

3) He likes privacy so as a roomate, I need to accommadate his wish.

I hope I the above paragraph and sentences are understandable. I hope the teachers on this forum can give me some useful suggestion on how to write it in a better way. Thanks. :)

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1)

It is good to try to talk to someone who you have just met in order to get to know the person better; for example, knowing[STRIKE] w[/STRIKE][STRIKE]hat [/STRIKE] the person's likes and dislikes or sensitivities, so that you know which limit or [STRIKE] the [/STRIKE]boundary that you cannot cross. With the [STRIKE]knowledge[/STRIKE] information that you [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] obtain , you will know what to do and what not to do to upset the person.

2) I wil try to understand his likes and dislikes or sensitivities and adapt [STRIKE]/accommodate [/STRIKE] accordingly to his needs.

3) He likes privacy so, as a roommate, I need to accommodate according to his wish.

I hope [STRIKE] I [/STRIKE] the above paragraph and sentences are understandable. I hope the teachers [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in this forum can give me some useful suggestions on how to write [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] them in a better way. Thanks. :)

b.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Obtained"

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Obtained"

"Obtain" (Simple Present") is OK. The rule from Longman's Focus On Grammar: "When a dependent clause talks about a future time, use the simple present in the dependent clause and the future in the independent clause. Both verbs are future in meaning".

Status
Not open for further replies.