Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi,

Tell me, please, are there any differences between "according to" and "in accordancу with"? I've provided a sample sentence:

The lists of the most endangered animal species in Russia were formed [ according to / in accordance with] the results obtained by scientists after prolonged research.

Thanks

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
not a teacher

The lists of the most endangered animal species in Russia were formed [ according to / in accordance with] the results obtained by scientists after prolonged research.

In this context both phrases can mean "in compliance with", but I would use "in accordance with". I feel that here it expresses that meaning slightly more clearly.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

Tell me, please, are there any differences between "according to" and "in accordancу with"? I've provided a sample sentence:

Thanks

according to = based upon / in accordance with = in compliance. In your example/context use "according to".

Status
Not open for further replies.