Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
Thanks in advance. This is a formal letter.

[h=2]"Motivation to take part in the course[/h]I am highly interest in taking part on this course because I hope to start my scientific research in evolutionary biology, particularly in animal behavior. Therefore, an extra-curricular course that help its students on creating new ideas and making good science seems a right course for me, mostly because I’m beginning my career and I’m hoping to start it in the right track. There are also well-known researchers on the organization and I was hoping that I could learn more from them. Finally, I was hoping to improve my critical sense when I have to deal with new scientific breakthroughs.

[h=2]Short description of current research project[/h]It is generally assumed that females choose mates independently from each other and that their choices are mostly genetic and fixed through their lives. But mate choice can also be influenced by a female’s social environment. My project involves the study of mate-choice copying and hybridization in two populations of Drosophila subobscura. Will these populations, originated from the extremes of Europe, adapted to contrasting environmental conditions, copy each other mating preferences in the common environment? Will hybridization be facilitated by means of mate-choice copying? Finally, will this behavior evolve, namely as a consequence of adaptation to a homogeneous condition?

[h=2]Your field of interest[/h]My field of interest is animal behavior, in an evolutionary perspective. I am particularly interested in the study of animal’s consciousness and its evolution but also on the evolution of some more basic behaviors, like mate choice, leadership and any kind of social interaction in general. I am also interested in animal’s emotions.

[h=2]Short sketch about yourself[/h]I like to discuss any kind of subject that is related to philosophy, biology or ethics. I am also an addicted in movies or books. I am trustworthy and I always meet the schedules. I like to keep things organize and well under control. I am not a very social guy, but I’m always ready to discuss something that I find interesting and I’m always ready to help someone who needs. "

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
[h=2]"Motivation to take part in the course[/h]

I am [STRIKE]highly[/STRIKE] very interested in taking part [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE]in this course because I hope to start my scientific research in evolutionary biology, particularly in animal behavior. Therefore, an extra-curricular course that helps [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] students [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in creating new ideas and making good science (what is good science?) seems to be a right course for me, [STRIKE]mostly [/STRIKE] mainly because I’m beginning my career and I’m hoping to start it [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on the right track. There are also well-known researchers [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the organization and I was hoping that I could learn more from them. Finally, I was hoping to improve my critical sense (what is critical sense?) when I have to deal with new scientific breakthroughs.

[h=2]Short description of current research project[/h] It is generally assumed that females choose mates independently [STRIKE]from [/STRIKE] of each other and that their choices are mostly genetic and fixed through their lives. But mate choice can also be influenced by a female’s social environment. My project involves the study of mate-choice copying and hybridization in two populations of Drosophila subobscura. Will these populations, originated from the extremes of Europe (,) and adapted to contrasting environmental conditions, copy each other's mating preferences in the common environment? Will hybridization be facilitated by means of mate-choice copying? Finally, will this behavior evolve, namely, as a consequence of adaptation to a homogeneous condition?

[h=2]Your field of interest[/h]My field of interest is animal behavior (,) in an evolutionary perspective. I am particularly interested in the study of animal’s consciousness and its evolution [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] and also [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the evolution of some more basic behaviors, like mate choice, leadership and any kind of social interaction in general. I am also interested in animal’s emotions.

[h=2]Short sketch about yourself[/h] I like to discuss any kind of subject that is related to philosophy, biology or ethics. I am also [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] iaddicted [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to movies or books. I am trustworthy and I always meet[STRIKE] the[/STRIKE] schedules. I like to keep things organized and well under control. I am not a very [STRIKE]social[/STRIKE] sociable guy, but I’m always ready to discuss something that I find interesting and I’m always ready to help someone [STRIKE]who needs[/STRIKE] in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.