Interested in Language
Native Language
French
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi all,

I'm a long-time translator and caption editor who has just started tutoring English online. My student was a registered nurse in her home country and she needs to improve both her English and French in order to be able to get some on-the-job training and work as a nurse here. She's at the intermediate level in both languages and wishes to improve her fluency and medical/nursing vocabulary.

What I've done so far is conduct interviews with her (to prepare her for an upcoming hospital interview), asking her to explain what she would do or what needs to be done in situation X, and then correcting her grammar and presenting new vocabulary when I know the terminology. She asked me to continue speaking practice with her, on employment topics in general (work hours, pay, etc.) as well as nursing topics.

I've researched the vocabulary more thoroughly, so we could go deeper on certain topics. But I would like to know what the more seasoned tutors here would suggest for good conversation practice, besides the job interview structure. Thanks.

Viviane

Status
Not open for further replies.